Chapter 11

Okay, well if you haven't noticed before I'm kind of on a writer's block right now, so please bare with me. I'm trying and like I said before, Romance stories are not my strong point and drugs and alcohol will not be the whole point of this story, but it's the beginning of how a perfectly good girl became wrapped up with the wrong kind of guy. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter.

~ Liz ~

Chapter 11

"Mom, I'm going to call a friend for help with my math." I lied, watching her pour some freshly popped popcorn into a bowl and hoping she wouldn't question me further about it as the smell of heavily buttered popcorn filled the kitchen.

"Okay, but make it quick, hun. Robert will call soon," she replied with a smile as she popped a few pieces of popcorn into her mouth and headed for her room. "Then maybe you can come and watch a horror movie with me."

"Yeah, sure." I half smiled at her, feeling a little guilty that she had believed my lie so easily, but I knew she would flip if she knew I was calling a guy. She was just really overprotective of me and I couldn't blame her. She probably was afraid I'd decide to suddenly leave, but I loved her regardless of everything that had happened. She would always be my mother.

I waited until she had closed her bedroom door before heading into the living room and grabbing the cordless house phone. Chewing on my bottom lip, I stared down at the phone in my hand, my fingers hovering nervously over the dial pad. I sucked in a shaky breath and closed my eyes, trying to calm the butterflies going crazy in my stomach as I dug into the pocket of my pajamas and pulled out the crumpled slip of paper with Kevin's number written sloppily on it.

"Here goes nothing." I muttered under my breath, glancing at my mother's bedroom door once more before dialing the digits to his number before I lost my nerve. As I put the phone to my ear, I held my breath and could feel my heart beating rapidly in my chest as it began to ring.

What on earth am I going to say to him if he picks up? I thought to myself nervously as each ring of the phone made the butterflies in my stomach worsen. Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe I should have never called, but it's too late now.

I had purposely waited two days since seeing him at the library, partially so he wouldn't think I was desperate or too eager to speak to him. I mean, wouldn't he think he had the upper hand or something if I ran home to call him? The main reason was because I was too nervous to and had no idea what I was going to say...kind of like what I'm going through right now.

"Hello?" an older woman's voice answered and my heart jumped into my throat. Oh, God. I'm going to have to talk to his mom.

"Um...hi..." I said nervously, swallowing the lump in my throat and trying to be as polite as I could. "Good evening. May I please speak with Kevin?"

"Who's this?" she asked, sounding like she was not very pleased to hear that.

"Um...my name is Tonya. I'm a friend of his." I explained honestly.

"Well I'm sorry, honey but he isn't here right now," she replied with a yawn.

"My heart sank a little. "Um...okay...well, please tell him that Tonya called."

"Sure." And with that she hung up before I even had a chance to thank her.

I frowned as I pressed the end button and nearly jumped out of my own skin as the phone suddenly rang loudly in my hand almost causing me to drop it. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest again as I glanced down at the caller id. Was Kevin calling me back? My heart sank even lower as I read the name across the caller id screen.