~4~

As always, nobody noticed I was missing. Once again, it seemed to me that this family had only four children instead of five. I heard Dad had back pain and wanted to go to the kitchen to get an ice pack. Billy stopped him, so Max and Phoebe ran to me, and I made myself visible again. They took Cherry to bring her to the closet, and I took a drink out of the fridge. Mum wanted to get a heating pad out of the closet, and Nora stopped her. Eventually, Mum and Dad had found Cherry and Phoebe was able to convince Cherry with an idiotic idea that the superpowers were only special effects. I was able to sneak away, so I didn't have to wear one of those stupid costumes. No one had noticed that I wasn't there. Maybe Max, but he didn't say anything. Most likely because he didn't want to force me to wear the costume and I had nothing to do with anything anyway.
When the fruit was finally gone, it got quite late and slowly everyone went to bed. I'm sharing a room with Nora, which is why I had to be pretty quiet if I wanted to sneak down to Max. Fortunately for me, Nora slept quite deeply and had not noticed anything. In the liar, Max sat at a desk and played games. As soon as he noticed me, he wanted to show me a song. He put his headphones on my head and played "Me against the World" by Simple Plan. The whole song reminded me of Max. It was like it was written about him. The lyric: "We won't let them change how we feel in our hearts" is the best example of this. Max won't let anyone change him. At the end of the song, Max took off the headphones and decided that he would burn me a CD with similar songs. 'You wanted to build your first invention, as far as I'm not mistaken. What's in your head?' Max was still sitting on his chair and I also took a chair from another table to sit on. 'As I'm not allowed to use my powers in public, I thought I could defend myself with something else,' Max began to nod to symbolize me to keep talking. 'We have shadow games in kindergarten for the next few days, I know stupid, and we all have to bring our own flashlight.' 'So you thought you could modify yours,' Colosso said. 'Exactly. I've been thinking about turning the glass into an electric baton. So if someone annoys me, I can shock the person for a few seconds.' 'Literally,' it came back from Colosso. 'All right. I'll help you as long as you don't kill anyone with it.' 'I have no intention of doing this.'
Max got up and I did the same. We went to his working desk and I took my flashlight out of the pocket of my sleeping pants. For the next hour, we were busy modifying the flashlight. After a short test we did on Colosso, I sneaked back into my room. There I put the flashlight back in my backpack for Monday and went to sleep.