Chapter 34

I let out a loud groan pulling my brother around another corner away from the fighting. My energy was low as Kenny hadn't released me from his quirk yet. I guessed that it was due to fear.
"We have to find Mr. Aizawa. He can negate father's quirk and they can subdue him."
He sighed "honestly what's the point? He will just escape and just hurt both of us."
"See that's just what he wants you to think. Please believe me no one here wants you hurt. You've been brainwashed and manipulated. You deserve happiness, Ken. Let us help you get free."
"Where do I even begin...?" He whispered softly.
"Release your quirk. Then we can find Aizawa and he can get the other teachers to help catch Hisashi. You don't have to live in fear."
He nodded holding out his balled-up fist and then released his hand like he was dropping something.
Suddenly all of my energy rushed back into me. It felt like I hadn't been breathing right for days but now I was getting all of the oxygen I could ever ask for.
The moment my energy was back I knew I had to help more than I was. I grabbed Ken's wrist and took off running as fast as I could.
We were going to Aizawa's office as it was the closest. I barged through the door to our dorms alerting a few classmates.
Mina and Tsu were on the couch looking very concerned.
"It's a tiny Deku!" Ochaco threw her hands in the air excitedly
"I'll explain later. Aizawa in his office?"
Kirishima nodded before glancing in the direction of the noise "is that bakugo out there?"
"Yes but don't interfere it'll just piss him off."
He sighed but clearly understood.
I drug Kenny behind me trying to walk as fast as possible without making him fall.
I quickly did three small knocks and was greeted with a look of annoyance.
"I know I'm in trouble but I couldn't just sit by as my friends got hurt. We need your help."
Eraserhead sighed softly then glanced at my younger brother who was slinking back behind me.
"We are going to release the others from my brother's quirk but my father is fighting Kacchan outside. I'm sure you've gotten reports from the surveillance drones about fighting."
"Actually I was just about to go check it out when you knocked." he met my younger brother eye to eye. "You're the one causing all the trouble?"
A small squeak of intimidation left Ken's mouth.
"It's not his fault. Blame my father for this. He was afraid and just doing as he was told."
Aizawa's eyes rolled slowly to glance at me. "You realize he's going to be in trouble as well right?"
"He was being manipulated. He will get a plea deal. I'm sure of it. He's only 13 anyways."
"I will take care of this and you take him to the infirmary to fix the problem he caused."
I nodded and started walking in the opposite direction that Mr. Aizawa was running. I noticed he had slipped his phone out of his pocket rather quickly while he was running.
When we got to the infirmary you could see 2 bodies laid on beds that were separated by curtains.
"Sho... Toru..." I sighed shaking my head.
I couldn't recognize Hagkure but that was probably because she had been invisible up until now. She was very pretty but she looked very weak and unstable. Sho on the other hand terrified me to look at. He almost looked like he was dead.
"Fix this now." I began to blink back tears seeing my friends laying on hospital beds looking like they were on the brink of death.
He nodded holding up both of his hands in a fist and releasing once more like he was dropping something.
The color that had faded from Sho's cheeks was returning. Hagkure however was still visible.
"It may take a while for them to be able to use their quirks again..." Kenny mumbled softly
"Were they important to you?"
I nodded slowly "all you need to know is that they are my friends and if they don't recover I won't forgive you for this." My voice hardened and my eye twitched in anger.
My younger brother winced up as if I was going to strike him.
After a moment he blinked slowly trying to relax once he realized I wasn't going to hit him.
"Y...You aren't going to punish me for doing something wrong?"
I sighed placing my hand on his shoulder. "You were scared. Just because I'm angry doesn't mean I have any right to lay a hand on you. Just look at what he's already done to you. Did you deserve that? No."
His arms wrapped around me tightly. I felt a slight twinge in my chest. Was this what it was like to have a sibling? It felt strange and he had just hurt people I cared about but... I had to protect him. He was too important to me now. He was my younger brother and I wasn't going to let anyone hurt him again.

Bakugo and Hisashi's fight was broken up within about 20 minutes from Eraserhead negating both of their quirks and midnight further incapacitating them. Hisashi was taken into custody and all that was left was to find a place for Kenny to go. After Hisashi was arrested his wife and his daughter Izumi went into hiding leaving Kenny to be dealt with by the police.
I on the other hand had to deal with principal Nezu.
I twiddled my thumbs slowly not making eye contact as I sat in his office. Kacchan was already on 3 weeks' worth of detention for fighting on school grounds but because I was already suspended I worried that things would be worse for me.
"How much longer did you have for your suspension anyways Mr. Midroyia?" Nezu said without actually looking at my paperwork that was sat in front of him.
"To be honest I don't remember. I think maybe a week? The last few days have been running together pretty bad."
"How about this then? We will call it two days and you can have 5 days of community service around the campus." His paw tapped excitedly on the table. "Then when you get back id like to hear all about this younger brother of yours."
I raised my eyebrows in shock. Was this a slap on the wrist? I glanced up at Aizawa who was behind him looking just as shocked.
"You have a lot of potential kid. We don't see that much heart here that often anymore. Just keep your nose clean for a while."
"Yes, sir ill do my best!" I bowed as I stood up and walked outside to wait for my mom. She was going to be so excited that I didn't get expelled.
When she arrived I saw a small boy in the back seat that looked a lot like me.
"Kenny?"
He nodded and smiled. It was so nice to see him smile.
"Your mom is taking me in. They said I would be safe with her..."
I grinned and chuckled getting into the passenger's side.
"You will be. We will protect you. This way you can be anyone you want to be and be safe."
"At least now it won't be so lonely around the house." Mom said after a moment.
Things were starting to look up.