5' Hate

Narancia stays in his room until dinner is called, but even then he's hesitant to go out. 'My best friend, the one who I'd be long dead without, hates me? Why? What did I do to deserve this?'. He steps out of his room, the crying evident on his face. Everyone looks at him with concern, but Fugo looks worried the most. Fugo had been worried the second Narancia came out of Mista's room and ignored him. Fugo had a burning feeling in him, seeing Narancia that way. He wanted to hurt whatever he caused him this pain, and badly. Fugo suddenly had a strong passion to protect Narancia, but that couldn't happen until Fugo could figure out what was wrong. Instead of giving Fugo a chance to talk though, Narancia grabbed his plate, filled it with food, and went straight back to him room. Fugo knew he had to do something. He went up to Narancia's room, and knocked on the door. "W-who is it" was followed by a heart wrenching sniffle from Narancia. "It's Fugo. Can we talk?". Fugo coming up to Narancia's room like that really set Narancia off. Didn't he know that he was the reason Narancia was sad? "Go away Fugo, why would you even want to talk to me anyways". Just those few simple words broke Fugo's heart. He couldn't understand why Narancia was acting like this, but he would find out. He decided to head to bed early, feeling tired already from the day's emotions. He headed over to his room, shutting the door harder than he meant to. But he didn't care. He just took his shirt off, walked over to his bed, and fell on it.

That night, Fugo had his same dream again. He was crying, someone walked in, asked what was wrong, and came to comfort him. But Fugo wasn't the only one with a dream that night. Narancia had one too. He dreamed about the day that Fugo found him. How much pain he was in from his infected eye, how hungry he was from days of not eating enough, how sad he was in general from the lack of human contact. And then the happiness he felt when Fugo found him, offered him food, medicine, shelter. Without the younger boy, he would have died. He owed his entire life to that boy. And he loved that boy. But Fugo hated him, Mista said so. What reason would Mista have to lie? None. So at the end of his dream, Narancia woke up, and started to sob. Not the silent tears from before, but full on sobbing, probably waking up at least half of the house. No one came to his door though, asking if he was ok, or if he wanted to talk. Everyone kept their distance. Fugo was the first to recognize his crying, as he was already lying awake from his dream. He thought about going to Narancia's room a few times, but judging how Narancia had shut him out the previous day he decided against it. Eventually, Narancia calmed down, eventually drifting back off to sleep, just as Fugo did too.

The next morning, Narancia was awoken by knocking at his door. "Hey again Narancia, it's Mista. Your up pretty late, but maybe go grab some lunch now?". Just as Narancia was about to pull the covers back over himself, he checked his alarm. 12:40. 'Wow, how did I sleep so late? Guess I better go with Mista.' Narancia replied "Yeah, just let me get dressed first!" And then got up to grab his clothes. He got dressed, brushed his hair quickly, and stepped out of his room. The first thing he saw was a hopeful looking Fugo sitting on the couch and looking at him, which he ignored. He walked over to Mista, chatted a bit, and headed out the door with him to the Cafe again.

Little did they know though, Fugo had followed them out the door. He had to figure out why Narancia was ignoring him. He stayed pretty far behind them, loosing sight of them at times but know long he would catch up eventually. He watches Mista hold the door open for Narancia, and Fugo only advanced closer once Mista was in and the door had fully shut. Fugo had actually worn a normal outfit under his suit for once, so that he come take it off in hopes they wouldn't recognize him. He slipped off his suit, and entered the cafe. He spotted them immediately, slipping into the booth behind them so that he could hear their conversation without being seen. They mainly had idle conversations, waiting for their waiter to take their order. It was then that Fugo realized a problem. When he ordered, they would surely recognize his voice! He had to think of a plan pretty fast so that they wouldn't hear him. Then, an easy simple plan popped into his mind. After the waiter took the order of Mista and Narancia, they headed over to Fugo. "Hello sir, what would you like to order?". Fugo simply just pointed to what he wanted, and the waiter understood. 'Yes!' Was all he could think. Now, it was time to listen to the conversation next to him.