𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

"but we made it, didn't we?"

chapter fourteen - thoughts ;

jisung woke up first. changbin's smell was the first thing he could even process, and felt calm at the scent. he wanted to go back to sleep, but knew that he wouldn't be able to. slowly and carefully, he wriggled himself out of changbin's arms. he sent him a text, knowing the older boy would read it when he woke up.

jisung grabbed his phone and walked out of the room. he checked the time, which 7:52 am. the only people awake were chan and jeongin. jeongin was sitting on the couch and watching some drama in the living room, and chan was on his laptop, sitting at the opposite end of the couch.

"oh hyung, you're awake," jeongin said, both boys on the couch turning to jisung. jisung smiled and nodded, taking a seat in between the two of them. "what're you watching?" jeongin shrugged. "don't know. i haven't really been paying attention." jisung chuckled softly at jeongin. he turned to chan. "what're you working on, hyung?" "that reminds me," chan said, handing jisung a pair of earbuds. "listen to this real quick, will you?" jisung nodded and plugged the earbuds in, listening to the beat that chan was playing. when it was finished, jisung smiled and gave chan a thumbs up. "it's good, hyung! has changbin hyung heard it?" "i showed it to him a couple days of ago. i meant to show you earlier, but stuff got in the way. he said he liked it, too." jisung nods. thinking about it, a lot of stuff had been going on. he had presented, gone through his first heat, and was just now beginning to settle back down.

jisung was surprised that so much had happened. for one, he would of never expected to be an omega. when he presented, he wasn't expecting for the pack to be so accepting and so kind to him. plus, they had spent his first heat with him, and made it a lot less painful for him. second, he had gotten a bit closer to the other omegas in the company. after sana and him hung out, she threaten chan saying "chan i swear to god if you ever hurt this boy i break each and every single one of your fingers." chan took the hint and nodded, never wanting to hurt the omega. and third, he had finally begun to adjust to omega life. he didn't expect him to do it so early, but he did and was proud of himself for doing so.

"jisung?" the boy realized he had been zoning out and looked at hyunjin, who was standing in front of him. "let's go shopping! i'm bored." "are you sure?" hyunjin nods. "fine. let's get ready, though." the older alpha nods as he heads to the bathroom so he could shower, the omega following.

~

as hyunjin and jisung walked around the mall, masks on their face to hide their face, the boy realized how good hyunjin smells.

hyunjin had an unique smell. he smelled like strawberries, but not too strong. most alphas didn't have a sweet scent, for example, chan had a more wood-type smell, but hyunjin had a sweet smell. it was refreshing for jisung, in all honesty. whenever he felt sad, he would go and scent the boy, the scent of fresh strawberries always putting a smile on his face.

so when he saw a shirt with a small strawberry on the side, jisung immediately shoved it towards hyunjin's direction. "jinnie!" the alpha turns and looks at the shirt in the younger's hand. "look, it's so cute! you should buy it!" hyunjin grabs the shirt and looks at it, smiling once he notices the strawberry. "cute. yea, i'll get it." jisung smiles widely, and hyunjin swears that he will see the boy smile that wide once more.

~

the two boys decided that after walking around for a while, they would take a break and eat some lunch. both boys decided on just some ramen and milkshakes, the combination being an odd one.

when the boys took their seat, they looked up at one another. "so," hyunjin says as he grabs his chopsticks, "what were you thinking about today?" jisung chews his food, his cheeks puffed. "i don't know what you're talking about," he says, setting his utensils down. hyunjin rolls his eyes. "this morning. when i asked you to come to the mall." oh. jisung shifted and picked at his food. "just about how a lot has happened," jisung answers, noticing how hyunjin was staring at him lovingly. "not in a bad way, though. in a good way. there's just been-" "a lot going on," hyunjin answers, jisung nodded. "yea," he says, "i mean, a lot has happened. but we made it, didn't we?" jisung smiles and nods, grabbing his milkshake and taking a sip. the boys continued their day at the mall, letting themselves be normal people that didn't just go through hell and back.

~

after jisung took a shower, he came to the living room and took a seat between seungmin and felix. the two were watching some show in english, and felix whispered, "gossip gir," when he asked what the show was. they seemed pretty caught up in it, as they kept looking at one another during certain scenes. and though jisung had never seen the show before, he reacted just as much as the other two boys, making them laugh.

once a few episodes finished, they turned the tv off and simply relaxed. jisung had his head in felix's lap and his legs in seungmin's, felix running his fingers through the boys hair and seungmin simply running his fingers over the boy's legs.

"sung?" felix said, the boy looking up. "hmm?" "are you ok? you looked like you were zoning out this morning." 'so these two notices, too,' jisung thinks, seeing as seungmin looks at him for an answer. "'m fine," he says. "happy thoughts. lots of thoughts, but happy ones." "we've been pretty hectic recently," seungmin says. "i wouldn't be surprised if you had unhappy thoughts." "trust me," jisung said, "i've had my fair share of unhappy thoughts." the two frown. "but it's fine, now. things have gotten a lot better, so i've just been happy." and he was. jisung felt pure happiness. he was in an amazing music group, had great pack mates, and was loved in every way possible. he was good. he was in a good spot.

and as the three boys moved to felix's bed to cuddle and sleep, jisung smiled. he was happy to be here, happy to have the people he has. simply happy. and he let these thoughts drift him off to sleep.

a//n ;
um hi! sorry if this update seems a bit sloppy, i kinda had writer's block and tried my best! but only one more chapters remains :( but it's ok, because i'll be writing a sequel! i've received a lot of support as i write this story and i thank you all for it. your kind comments mean a lot to me! please stay safe, eat something and drink something, and be happy❤️