𝐣𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐥𝐝

JOLLY SAILOR BOLD
ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ʙʏ ᴋᴀᴛ

❝ it's not living, it's survival

it's not living, it's
survival. the mist made
sure of that. and until
it is vanquished, how
i manage to survive is
of no concern to you.

Mira LeFay

(    the summary.   )

       MIRA LEFAY HAD ONCE been a simple barmaid in the tavern her father owned, in the town of Narrowhaven

       MIRA LEFAY HAD ONCE been a simple barmaid in the tavern her father owned, in the town of Narrowhaven. A memory that seemed so distant in the past. That was a time when her biggest worry would be escorting inebriated customers from the tavern and praying they didn't get too handsy. They'd be met with a fist if they did, but Mira didn't like violence. Again, a distant memory.

       Life seemed so simple in retrospect. She would lock up the doors, pour out two steaming mugs of tea, blow out the lanterns and make her way up the stairs to her father's room, where she would sit late into the night listening to his stories that he'd been writing during the day. He would tell tales of adventure, swashbuckling; all things inspired by the time when he, himself, was pirate — sorry, privateer.

       Piracy was illegal across the Lone Islands, perhaps that was why he was always so insistent that his tales were simply fiction. But Mira knew better. She knew the tales of sirens and sea serpents, lost treasure and, of course, pirates were no work of fiction. However, illegal or not, piracy was no longer the greatest concern of anyone across the Lone Islands.

       No one knew exactly when the green mist first began plaguing the shores of Narrowhaven. But Mira had never known life without it; for years, demanding sacrifices that the crooks and slave-traders of the town so gladly gave it. It was tireless, never satisfied; it would only return again and again; its hunger never quelled.

      Her father had been one so unfortunate to become entangled in its clutches. His advancing age proved him to be a worthy sacrifice those in the town — after all who would miss an old man? Mira would, and oh so desperately.

       From that point on, it became about survival. Surviving the hunger of the mist, evading the capture of slave-traders and never staying in one place too long.

      Needless to say, Mira was ever thankful for her father's tales when she commandeered a ship in harbour and made her escape. That ship would become her home; her Vengeance — aptly named, or so she thought — and where she would declare herself captain.

       Over time, a crew was formed; a new family. An ex-convict; a jewel thief; a mother with her son, also wronged by the mist, searching for his missing sister; a crooked sailor axed from Narnia's navy.

      Together, they survived; looting, pillaging. True privateers — Mira had too grown to dislike the term pirate — renowned across the Lone Islands, driven by their will to survive and thirst for revenge on the mist that had wronged them all; the bandits of Narrowhaven.

       For years, their reputation preceded them. They were selfish, a wolf pack with no care for outsiders, with no interest in bargains or barters. That is, until their raid of a certain Narnian galleon where a supposed king promises them clemency should they help him navigate the perverse ocean and vanquish the green mist once and for all.

       A deal is made, but pirates — sorry, privateers — are not always the most cooperative of allies. Especially, when the captain makes it her mission to get under the king's skin.

━━━━ copyright © credit is due to c

━━━━ copyright ©
credit is due to c.s lewis and walden media for storylines, characters, and dialogue associated with both the books and the film adaptations of the chronicles of narnia, more specifically: the voyage of the dawn treader.
however, original characters, plot lines, and other pieces of dialogue are owned by me!

━━━━ dedications !
to my fellow narnia fans; the wonderful amelia ( -gloriouss ) who has an incredible narnia apply fic out right now, that you have to check out! the stunning alinah ( pevcnsies ) who rules the realm of narnia fanfic as well as my heart. and the love of my life celine ( celineebabee ) who has an edmund fic up and coming which i am preparing to squeal intensely over.

&& anyone else who loves the idea of escaping through a wardrobe to a land where anything is possible ♡

━━━━ thank you for taking the time to read this book. yes, this idea did come to me after watching pirate of the caribbean ;on stranger tides and oh my lord, my head just went caspian and flirtatious pirate dynamic. yes please! anyway, hope you enjoy reading this book, because i am psyched for it agh ♡

STARTED 11/09/2020
FINISHED XX/XX/XXXX
——— ongoing ———