Chapter 5

Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savor, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening. --Maya Angelou

Amelia's P.O.V.

"Jeez, girl! This is too much! How the hell could it have snowed like this in your room?" Lex fumed trying to brake of ice shards on Amelia's pillow with a mallet.

I laughed not knowing what to say to her. I have to control my emotions more so that my powers don't slip up like this. This has to be like the third time I made it snowed whenever I was upset or mad. The last two times I was upset I was outside so coming up with an easy excuse that the weather is just acting crazy.

"Like I said, Lex. I have no idea. I must have hit my air conditioner hard that it broke and made it snowed.

Lex gave me a look that made me feel like a complete idiot and I did not blame her because I felt so stupid just saying that. Sooner or later I will have to tell Lex who I am. She's my best friend after all. She deserves to know. I only worry about how she will take it. My main concern is if she makes me sing Let It Go like Elsa! Rather die than that! I tried coming up with ways to tell her when my mind went back to my mate. Should I go searching for him and find out why he just left me like that? What if I bother him? Or...if he already has a mate that's a vampire too? Ugh!! I need to stop overthinking it or I'll go crazy. Having a normal life is just too hard for us snow fairies! Not fair!

"Earth to Amelia!!"

I jumped from Lex's loud voice booming in my ears making the ringing sound make my head hurt. Jeez, with that loud voice and crazy-ass strength one can mistake her for a superhuman.

"What?" I asked.

"Someone's at the door. Go and see who it is while I dump all this snow out the window and see if I can hit some bystanders."

Wow. She is not kidding with that last one. Let's hope the person she hits is not an undercover cop.

"Alright. I'll be back I said leaving the room. Just who could be at the door at this hour? Hope it's not someone here to complain about that blood-curdling scream I did moments ago with that loud crash caused by Lex. Some may believe I was murdered. I opened the door to see it was Don! Lex's brother. What's he doing here?

"Don? What are you doing here?" I asked.

Don smiled looking at me up and down as if he was checking for something.

"Lex called me saying she was worried about you because you refused to call or text her back."

Well damn. That girl worries way too much. More than my parents. I have no clue if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

"Don't worry so much Don. I'm perfectly fine. The only thing that can get you to worry about me is as if your sister kills me herself with that unnatural strength she has."

Don laughed knowing that his sister is crazy strong when mad. He's even had trouble back then when he and Lex were in high school and she would always pick fights with girls who pissed her off. Holding her back is like trying to hold back a wild bull in rage. I still remember that day when she broke Don's nose with just her elbow. So much blood everywhere!

"Yeah...My sister is scary. Don't be go telling others I'm afraid of her." he said.

"Where is the fun in that?" I said laughing. Though it's too late in him telling me that. I told so many of my other friends and even if I hadn't told them they could still see that Don is afraid.

"Can I come in?" Don asked still standing at the doorway. Oops.

"Yeah. Come on in." I said stepping aside for him to come in.

"Where is Lex now?"

I sighed. "Doing something that could lead her to get arrested."

"When is she not doing crap like that?"

I snorted. "Never!"

"YOU KNOW I CAN HEAR YOU BOTH!" Lex yelled from the other room. Don and I laughed catching up on how our days have been while we waited for Lex to come and join.

"Well, the only person I was able to hit was some teens. Hearing them scream is so much fun." Lex said taking a seat down in the middle next to me making Don push over. Thank god she did. I don't get Don much. I always catch him looking at me or trying to sit way too close with me. Makes me uneasy at times, but I don't want to be rude.

"Yo Don. How long are you going to stay here? It's mad late now." Lex said checking the time.

"I'm heading out now boss."

I smiled. "I'll walk you out. I need some fresh air."

"Don't take too long. We are still not done cleaning."

Dear god! I really will die tonight! Please be passed out when I come back! I need to rest! More importantly, I haven't eaten much today!

"I got it, Lex."

I escorted Don out while telling him all about how crazy Lex can be when it comes to cleaning. That girl could win many awards for how good she is. Me? I can win in ice sculptures not because I have powers for it, but because I honed my skills like a human to be great at what I love.

"Hey, Amelia. I want to ask you something."

"Sure. What's up?"

Don took a minute scratching his head not looking me in the eyes. Wonder what's on his mind.

"I was wondering if you like to go on a date with me?"

Wait... SAY WHAT!? A date? Whoa. What is happening now?

"A date? Like a friend kind of date where Lex comes along or like an actual date like couples and stuff?"

Don blushed. "Couple."

Oh! I did not see this coming!

"Look, Don. I'm flattered and all, but I can't. Don't get me wrong. I like you, just not in that kind of way. I'm sorry."

The hurt look on his face made me feel so bad. I can't believe he likes me in that way. Now everything is starting to make sense. Don laughed shaking off my rejection.

"I'm sorry Amelia."

"Hey don't be," I said hugging him. "We are still friends." When I was about to let go of Don, I looked up seeing those same eyes I saw back at the mall with the smell of cinnamon and cocoa in the air. Mate... My whole body stiffened up and I could tell he was not happy to see me hugging some other guy. Crap! Why does this happen to me? I pulled away from Don looking at my mate.

"Amelia?" Don asked looking to where I was starring with his eyes on now on my mate.

"So, your name is Amelia? What a beautiful name you have." he smiled at me. I could feel my whole-body shiver in sweet pleasure from him just saying my name as I blushed.

"I came to talk."