Chapter 12

The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed. --Eminem

Vlad's P.O.V.

"Are you serious? Our queen is truly his mate?"

This revelation of our queen being the wolf kings' mate is big news to all royal families of different races. I won't be surprised if the dragon king already knows.

"It's true," Stan said speaking up. "The one who relayed this information to us was the dragon king's butler who was on his way from some important mission."

"What is troubling is that we believe that our queen knows of this for some time and explains why she refuses to be in any meeting that involves the wolf king," David said.

"Makes more sense than of her hating him for no reason," I spoke. "If at all possible, it's best we try to convince her in seeing the king. This needs to be talked over. The queen nagged on me for what I did to my mate when I first met her so now, I can play the UNO reverse card."

David chuckled while Stan thought I would face one hell of a talking to by the queen, but knew I was right.

"Look at that. You can pull a joke after all." David smirked seeing as how Vlad never makes comments like that before. This was an eye-opener for both David and Stan. "To think you finally found a funny bone in that cold stone body of-"

Before David had a chance to finish his sentence, I punched him straight in the stomach knocking him to the ground. This man is so annoying! If only my punch was strong enough to send him straight to the sun! Before that time even comes, I must talk to the queen. If what is said is true then this could be a good sign for both our races. However, this could be tricky. My queen can be very stubborn, more than me. There's even the possibility she doesn't want a mate after what happen to our king. I have to think this through.

"By the way Vlad. How's your little mate doing?

Stan was looking at David as he laid on the ground, "Amelia is doing well. Why do you ask?"

Stan just shook his head. More of curiosity if anything he replied back. I nodded. Thoughts back to my queen and the wolf king came back. I needed to go talk to her now. Carefully convince her and get this somewhere.

"I'm going to go talk to the queen now. I'll be back."

---

The queen was sitting in her chamber, I knocked lightly on her door.

"Come in," her voice broke the silence. I stepped in, thanking her for allowing me in, and closed it. She gestured to a chair diagonal from her. I took it.

"What can I help you with Vlad?"

"We got the news that you are the wolf king's mate." I watched as her body flinched from the words that came out of me. The corners of her lips twitched, slightly turning downward. She wasn't amused that everyone knew the news now.

"If you are here to-"

"With all respect, I understand." I cut her off. I wasn't going to let her win this. I had to be careful how I went about this but well enough that I won. I started up again as she eye were locked onto me. She wasn't pleased with it at all.

"I understand that it is an important decision and you don't want to deal with it. What happened to our king before is troubling and sadly we can't undo it. All we can do is move from it, you as well. No one is rushing you. No one is. But please, take a moment and think about it. Vampires and Wolves combining together would be good for us. Good for them as well."

My queen stayed quiet. Her lips pressed into a thin line to the point it was nearly invisible. She was fighting whether to lash out in angry words or to really think about what I said. Seeing the reaction from it all, my words had one. She let out a sigh, turned to me, and shook her head," Give me time to think. As you said, no one is rushing but I need to think about the goodness and advantages of this. In a respectful way."

I nodded to her and stood up taking my leave.

"Thank you, Vlad." She called out to me. I bowed my head a bit before exiting her room.

---

Don's P.O.V.

"Amelia, listen to me please!" She was shaking her head at me. It was my luck she was here. I wanted to talk to her, convince her again that Vlad was no good.

"Don, I've really have had enough. When are you going to drop it?"

"When you see that Vlad is a bad guy! There's nothing good pointing to him at all. Come on, I know you, there's no way you see Vlad like that. Who knows, with how much he disappears maybe he's doing something shady, that makes sense." I was smiling, feeling maybe like that would stick to her. But no. All in return was a hard slap to my face. The stinging on my cheek turned it all red. Amelia's angered gaze met my shocked one. I had never seen her so mad.

"Don, you have some nerve. Look, just because you don't like him doesn't mean crap to me. Your sister trusts me and believes in Vlad as well. Why can't you just give up!?"

Anger boiled up inside me. It was always Vlad. Always about him. I'm sick of it.

I pivoted on my heel, leaving out the front door, and slammed it shut. I fucking hate that this is where it came to. But screw it, I'm not giving up. Not just yet. There has to be something.