[ final ] chapter thirty one

Start from the beginning

I look at the door then look at Xiaojun who is sitting up.

"You know you're cute when you get jealous. I never knew you were that jealous of Chunhua when she was feeding me." Xiaojun says.

"I was not jealous." I say as I walk closer to him.

"What rights do I have to be jealous? We're not boyfriend and girlfriend anymore." I say crossing my hands over my chest.

"You never said anything about a break up." Xiaojun says then raises one of his eyebrows at me

I'm speechless. Did leaving my bracelet behind not mean "I'm leaving. Let's end our relationship" to him?!

"Feed me will you? I'm hungry." He eyes the bowl on the bedside tray.

I sit down on the chair, adjusting the bedside tray before feeding him.

"You're alright, right? You're not seriously hurt or anything right?" Xiaojun asks after he swallows his first bite I fed him. "The baby is not hurt right?"

"The baby and I are okay. We're not seriously hurt like you." I say, avoiding his eyes as I scoop out his food onto the spoon. He cares about the baby and I.

I feed him.

"Fenfang has a family. 2 sons with my ex friend. Jay." Xiaojun explains.

"Huh? She has 2 sons? She has a family?" I say in shock.

He nods his head. "When I found out that she had a family with him. I was shock as well. When I confronted her about it. She got sad then started to.... you know. You saw....."

I stay quiet. Bringing myself back to that time still hurts me. Even though he's explaining what happened.

"She pre recorded what you heard. I was also shock when she released the recording of me saying that. But know that it's not true. I never meant those words and never will either. Whatever I did with Fenfang. I never loved her once. It was you and Jian I fell in love with. You and Jian became the source of my happiness. I never wanted our relationship to end. What we had was real. I'm sorry for hurting you. I really am. The past 2 months was hard for me. Not seeing you and Jian. I miss you both very much. Can we go back to being the same?" He says as he holds my hand.

My heart tells me to believe him. My guts are telling me to believe him. I want to believe him.

"We missed you too." I say. I get up and give him a hug. The hug I've been yearning for the last 2 months.

He wraps his arms around me. "Promise me you won't leave me. I want you to stay with me forever."

"I promise. I promise I won't leave you. If I leave you, it has to be another good reason why." I say.

"Jialia!" He sulks.

I pull out from the hug. "You're no fun. Let me feed you before your food gets cold."

I pick up the spoon and continue to feed him.

WinWin's POV

Kun, Hendery and I stick out our heads from Xiaojun's hospital door. We're walking down the hall to give the couple some space.

"It's nice to see them back together." I say then smile. "We don't have to see him sulk anymore."

"Right! Now. Hendery. It's your turn. We're waiting on your happiness. I heard that she's back in town." Kun says, wrapping his arm around Hendery's shoulder.

"W-what do you mean she's back in town?" Hendery asks.

We see Chunhua and Yuyan walk down the hall. Coming the same direction as us.