chapter eighteen

Xiaojun's POV

Jialia, Jian and I have arrived home. Throughout the whole trip home, Jialia has been quiet. I know what I did has gotten her mad. But I wanted to do the right thing. Even if I don't know the whole story of what happened to her and her parents.

"Jialia. Jialia." I call for her as we enter the house.

She ignores me.

"You've been ignoring me since the trip home. You can lash out at me if you need to." I say.

She turns around, raises one of her eyebrows up as if she's ready. And her arms are crossed over her chest. I shouldn't have said that.

"Jian.... you can go to your room. I'll meet you there." I say.

"Why? Why can't I be here with you both?" Jian ask.

"Just..... just go to your room. Mommy and daddy has some things to talk about." I smile at Jian.

"Alright..... but hurry!" Jian slowly says at the beginning. He also slowly walks away.

Jialia is also looking at him until he turns the corner then faces me.

"You broke one of the contract rules. It was my personal life that you were interfering with." Jialia angrily says.

"I-I know that I broke one of your rules." I sigh. "I can't ignore the fact that you weren't going to the appointment that your mom has made for you both."

"How did you know that I wasn't going to go?" Jialia asks.

"It's obvious. Why would you throw their birthday gift away?" I say.

"Next time don't interfere with my personal life. Whatever is going on in my life, you don't need to know. We're not together for real. We don't need to know each other." Jialia says then walks down the hall.

I turn around facing the front doors. My hands are on my hips. I feel like I just got a slap to the face as a reminder of what Jialia and I are. Of course we aren't together for real. It's that I care about her life and what's going on with her. I feel hurt, hearing her say that. Because I actually thought that we were having something. I guess my feelings should be stopped.

I leave the house going to the dorm. I want to spend the night there. To give Jialia some space.... I guess.

Jialia's POV

I'm in my bedroom sitting on my bed thinking about what I said to Xiaojun. I am mad, but I don't feel mad. I'm feeling regretful. Why should I feel regretful?

"I wasn't harsh on him, right?" I ask myself. "He has no right to interfere with my personal life. It's part of the contract."

"Mommy! Where did daddy go?" Jian runs up to me and asks.

"He's not with you?" I ask.

"No. He told me that he'll come to me after he was done talking to you." Jian says.

Did he go somewhere after our talk? I didn't even bother to look back because I though that he'll follow behind.

Chunhua's POV

I'm at a cafe waiting for a friend. I see him sitting across from me as I take a sip of my drink.

"You're late. As always." I say putting my drink down on the table.

"You're early. As always." Lufeng says as he put one of his leg on top of the other.

"How's the progress with Jialia?" I ask.