106 Grand Ceremony

The sermon itself, called The Order of Celebrating Matrimony, starts with the priest asking three questions. These are obligatory questions that the couple should answer. The Order of Celebrating Matrimony requires the couple to answer these questions for the wedding to take place:

"Lalisa Pranpriya Manoban and Jennie Ruby Jane Kim , have you come here to enter into Marriage without coercion, freely and wholeheartedly?”

“Are you prepared, as you follow the path of Marriage, to love and honor each other for as long as you both shall live?”

“Are you prepared to accept children lovingly from God and to bring them up according to the law of Christ and his Church?”

The couple respond positively to the question of the priest , the wedding sermon begins. Here’s the basic ceremony script:

Greeting of the couple and congregation by the minister
Opening prayer (six versions to choose from)
The Liturgy of the WordThe Celebration of Matrimony
The Lord’s PrayerOptional:
The Blessing and Placing of the Lazo or the Veil, a tradition important in Hispanic and Filipino families
The Nuptial Blessing (three versions)
Blessing of the newly married couple and the congregation
DismissalRecessional (a hymn could be sung, or instrumental music could be played)

After the ceremony, the witnesses ( the bestfriend woman Park Chaeyoung and maid of honor Bae Joo-hyun) and priest or deacon sign the Marriage record in the presence of the people.

Liturgy Of The Word

The Liturgy of the Word is one of the most important parts of the Catholic ceremony.

It expresses “the importance of Christian Marriage in the history of salvation and the responsibilities and duties of Marriage to be attended to for the sanctification of the spouses and of their children.

The Liturgy of the Word may include two or three readings and the Responsorial Psalm. Also, at least one of readings must speak of holy matrimony.

Here’s the chance for the couple to make their wedding more intimate. The Liturgy of the Word has multiple options to choose from. It is essential for the engaged couple to work together with the officiant (and perhaps the parish staff, as they participate in the musical selections).

Although the text of the vows cannot be changed, the couple still can choose certain texts of the wedding. Such parts as the Scripture readings, the Prayers of the Faithful, musical selections etc can vary to make the wedding more personalized.

Old Testament Scripture Reading (nine options; if it is the Easter season, a reading from the Book of Revelation)
Responsorial Psalm (seven options; many composers have set them to music)
New Testament Scripture Reading (fourteen options)
Gospel AcclamationGospel (ten options)
Homily based on the Scriptures, Church teaching on marriage, and the individual couple

Declaration Of Consent

As soon as the Liturgy of the Word finishes, it is time for the sacred Celebration of Matrimony itself.

There are three options of wedding celebrations: celebrating within Mass, celebrating without Mass, and celebrating between a Catholic and an unbaptized person. Catholic wedding vows are the same in all of these options. The sacrament of marriage starts with the words from the priest. In his speech, the officiant requires the couple to make their declaration of consent.