Chapter 2

The only exciting thing about Homeroom, other than the fact that I was in the same Homeroom as Natash, was our supervisor, Mr Syco. That was legit his last name and he was in fact, a psycho.

"Natasha! Annabelle! My two favourite students! How was vacation?" He asked, a little too excitedly. Everyone knew that the second they walked into class, they were called Syco's favourite student, so the compliment fell flat.

"Good." We both said, stumbling away from him to our seats. He was a cool old dude, but if we had asked how his vacation was, we would have never been able to leave. I mean one story would always lead to another, then another, then ultimately it would lead to his life story.

No thank you.

"You yelled at Kyle Fletcher!" Natasha said straight away, after we had found our seats.

"So you keep saying." I pulled out my iPod, hoping by some miracle the music could drown out the sound of her voice.

I couldn't help but hum along and tap my desk to the beat of 'Hotel Ceiling' by Rixton. That was until I felt a repetative pat on my arm. With a frown on my face, I turned to face a newly pale Natasha. She looked as though she had seen a ghost. Her finger was pointing in the direction of the door. The second I pulled out my earphones, I realised the whole class was absolutely silent and staring at the door.

I turned to see what had entranced everyone. To my shock and horror, everyone was staring at the guys from before, one of them being "Kyle freaking Fletcher." I mean, come on, the dude had a first name as his last name.

So I assumed the other guys with him were from his crap boy band. I rolled my eyes, resuming 'Hotel Ceiling' and continued humming along to the song, until I felt someone sit on the chair beside me. I groaned extremely loudly and turned to face who ever felt the need to sit beside me. Everybody knew that the back row belonged to Natasha and I.

To my dismay, a guy with shaggy brown hair was beside me. No, correction, Shaggy and his friends, Crash and Burn were beside me. It went Shaggy, Blondie, Blue-eyes then Kyle. He had obviously sat far from me because of our previous encounter.

"Hi." Shaggy spoke in a cheery voice, smiling sheepishly. I stared at him blankly for a minute, then returned my attention to my iPod.

"I'm Harry." He said. Why did this guy feel the need to continue talking to me? I had obviously just ignored him so he really should have been able to take a hint. I had completely no interest in talking to him. Obviously that was too much for his bubblegum pop boyband brain to handle. He was probably used to having girls fawn over him, but no, not me.

"Listen Shaggy, usually when people don't respond to you 'hi', it means don't continue talking. Quite frankly I don't really care what your name is, and I don't understand why you feel the need to sit beside me." Woah! I had insulted them all in one day! It was a good day to be Annabelle Carter.

"Um. There were no other seats." Harry stated, in an annoyed tone, but still attempted to plaster on a smile. Was that in the boyband rule book?

I opened my mouth to speak, but Natasha interjected. "That's completely fine. Annabelle's just a bit cranky because she didn't have her coffee today." She smiled at them and gave me a warning look.

"I'm not cranky and I had your coffee- ahh!" Natasha duug her nails into my flesh in order to stop me from talking. I rubbed my arm, trying to soothe my pain.

"I'm Natasha by the way." Natasha smiled and stuck her hand out. I quickly attempted to swat it away, but failed. Harry shook her hand, which was awkward for me because it was right in front of my face.