Chapter 7

"I was purely imitating your pathetic fans." I tried to speak as confidently as possible, given my current situation. I had basically said I wanted to marry my enemy.

No thank you.

"I always knew you found me undeniably attractive. I don't see why you try to hide it, babe." A sickening smirk formed on Kyle's face. He smirked far too much for my liking.

"Annabelle. My name is Annabelle, not babe, I am not a fictional talking pig and you are far from attractive." I emphasized on far. Kyle's ego certainly did not need a boost.

"Well..."

Ignoring Kyles impending insult, I turned my attention to James,  who despite being on his way to the same class as Kyle and I, had disconnected himself from the conversation.

"I cannot believe you." I feigned anger, but failed miserably. No one could be mad at him.

"Aye, they were your words not mine." He softly said, flashing a small smile.

"Yeah Annabelle, you said it." Kyle rejoined our conversation and placed a mocking emphasis on my name. He had done the impossible. He had found away to annoy me, using my own name.

"I have to pee. I'll catch up with you guys in class." James quickly ducked into the male bathrooms, leaving a confused me, with an overly cocky Kyle.

Cocky Kyle. That had a nice ring to it.

"You didn't actually write that song, did you?" I broke the suprisingly comfortable silence that James had left Kyle and I in. My voice was laced with doubt. "No offense, wait, I mean, in the most offensive way... you're really shallow." I said, not sparing his  feelings whatsoever.

He let out an uncharacteristic sigh and looked away from me. He momentarily looked lost in thought, his eyes flashing with a pained look. I sort of regretted my insult, because it seemed to have it home.

"Yeah well, you don't know me." He spat, bitterly. That was the first time he had ever spoken to me like that. He absentmindedly ran his hand through his hair and had that distant look again.

"Hey," I lightly touched his arm. At first he tensed at my action, but soon relaxed. We both stopped walking and I looked into his green eyes, "I didn't mean to offend you." I truthfully said. He searched my eyes, then quickly looked away.

"I-I was just at a really tough point in my life, when I wrote it." He spoke lightly as though he was saying it to himself and not really for me.

"Okay, well, I'll admit it's alright." I lightly bumpe his arm, smiling a little.

Big mistake.

The vulnerable, slightly normal side of Kyle soon disappeared and was replaced by Douchepants Fletcher, or Cocky Kyle if you prefer.

His smirk returned and I could almost smell the level of arrogance rising up in him. Truly, it was not a pretty sight and I instantly regretted my niceness.

"Actually, babe, if I remember correctly, you said, and I quote-"

I loudly sighed and walked away before he could use my own stupid words against me. My goodness, I had a big mouth.

~~~~~

'You were my pulse,
You were my veins,
You were my heart' ©

I have a confession. As soon as I got home, I searched up the Crash and Burn song that had turned me into an idiot.

The lyrics were deep and had told the tale of a forbidden love. To put my mind at rest, I searched up who had written the song.Lo and behold, Kyle had actually written the song.

While on YouTube, I had decided to search up 'Crazy girl chokes Kyle Fletcher.' The funny thing, is that it had reached over 1,000,000 views. People had actually found it fascinating.

I watched the brief interaction between Kyle and myself, but the video went on to show James climbing out of the car and pulling me away from Kyle. The memory began to play over and over in my mind and it dawned on me.

I liked James.

It was the way his blue eyes lit up when he smiled, the passion he had for music and the way he genuinly cared for people. He knew he was famous, who wouldn't, but the thing is, he didn't let it get to his head. Unlike Kyle. I mean, sure, Kyle was attractive and when he wasn't being a total pig, he was an okay dude. However, the likelyhood of him being nice was over shadowed by his massive ego.

My phone lightly buzzed, signalling a phone call. Oh joy.

 Correction, oh Jay.

"Jacob." I sighed into the phone.

"Annabelle." He mimicked my tone, causing me to involentarily roll my eyes. It came natural to me, I guess.

"What do you want?" I asked. I knew exactly what Jay wanted, but I still felt the need to ask him. He had to say it.

"I need you to do me a favour."He softly asked. I could sense he was doing his signature puppy dog face at that moment.

"Depends what it is." I said through gritted teeth.

"I have a date tonight, which you already know, and I need a wing-man. Or in your case a wing-girl."

"The term is wing woman." I corrected him.

"Not in your case, babe." He lightly chuckled through the phone. My cheeks immediately went red as I realised what he meant. Insulting someone is really the way to get them to do yo a favour.

Note the sarcasm.

"Give me one good reason to not hang up on you right now." I said, lacking the energy to come up with a witty comeback.

"Because there's something in it for you!" He excitedly replied. At that poiint I noticed he was blasting 'Pretty Fly for a White Guy' in the background. It became obvious, he really did need all the help he could get.

 "What's in it for me?" I raised an eyebrow, intrigued by his statement. A Django Unchained quote circled in my head.
Gentlemen, you had my curiousity, now you have my attention. Bless Leo DiCaprio.

"A date. It's a double date and I found a guy for you. He's tall and all that stuff girls look for in guys." Jay did a pretty sucky job of selling this dude. It seemed like a bad idea. I had just realised my feelings for James, so was a date really a good idea?

This is for Jay, not you. I reminded myself. One date couldn't kill me right?

"Fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry this update took forever! I am overwhelmed with school work, but I'm trying!!! Please vote, comment and all that jazz :)x

Who do you think Annabelle's mystery date could be?

Why do you think Kyle was so cold about the song?

Is Jay really fly for a white guy?