gone (hotch's POV)

Start from the beginning

JJ continues talking for her, "I slipped up and said that I agreed with you. But I was caught up in the moment because I was upset my best friend was leaving us, the team. She didn't even tell us." She looks at Garcia. "Penelope also agreed so then we ended up arguing and she couldn't take it so she left. We haven't heard from her since."

I offer both JJ and Garcia tissues to wipe their tears.
"I'm sorry you both had to be dragged into this. Who else knows?" I ask.

"The boys do. And they're pretty upset. Do you know if Emily's coming in today? I need to apologize. We do," Garcia asks.

I sigh, "We all need to apologize. She might not come in today, which is fine. She needs her time. Don't forget she got into two arguments. I need you both to keep yourselves together, we're at work. Understand? You may be excused."

"Yes sir," they both say. And they walk out.

Every now and then, I would pass by her desk, to get coffee. But as I do, I get stares from Reid and Morgan. When I catch them, they look away.

"Doctor Reid and Agent Morgan, can I see you in my office?" my voice booms, before walking into my office.

A couple moments later, they both walk in, "Take a seat and close the door."

I continue to talk, "What's with the stares? Is there a problem?"

Morgan begins to shout, "DAMN RIGHT, THERE'S A PROBLEM. How could you say that to Emily, come on man, that's f***** up. You can't be happy for her?"

"Derek contain yourself or I'm going to ask you to leave," I demand.

"You know what I'll leave. I can't stand you right now," he says, slamming the door shut on his way out.

I sigh, "Reid, do you have anything to say?"

Reid hesitates, "Derek's right, that is f***** up. You make her happy and you say that? You f***** up with this one Hotch." He leaves.

I lean back into my chair.

"They're right, it's obviously my fault. I should've contained myself. It wasn't right to say that, even if it wasn't true."

I go back to my paperwork and a couple hours pass by. It's 6:30pm and the team is slowly getting their paperwork done.

I hear a knock at my door. "Come in."

Strauss enters, looking like she's about to leave. "Aaron, let's meet in the round table room. You and your team."

She exits and closes the door and I question what she said. What does she want to talk about?

We all gather. Looks are being shared amongst everyone, positive and negative. Chief Strauss closes the doors.

Reid breaks the silence, "Is there a case Ma'am?"

"No Doctor Reid," she replies. "It's something much personal."

She continues to talk, "As you know a member of your team is not here today, Agent Emily Prentiss. I'm not sure if you all know but she has gotten an offer to work for Interpol." She looks around. "I asked for her decision a couple weeks ago, and she said yes, she'll be taking the offer."

Strauss begins to pace around the room, giving glances at her bag that she set down on the table. "Now, I demand that your job is a professional environment. Nothing more, nothing less. But today various matters have been brought up to my attention, which I need to address. I also do not know the full story between everyone here."