Eyes Blacker Than Night

Start from the beginning

The first day of school or sixth form soon came around.

I hated being the new girl, because you get judged from the start and it pisses me right off. I admit it allows you to start a fresh and be someone different, create a new you. But the whole making new friends was what I dreaded the most, not that I ever found that a problem. I just never expected to have to do it again.

I woke up that morning, had a quick shower then changed into some skinny ripped light blue jeans, a black t-shirt and red Hollister jumper, went downstairs to grab an apple, my keys and coat and then left. Dad was already at work, so I didn't have to bother with him. I got in my black Audi A2 and pulled off.

The school was 20 minutes away, through narrow country roads. When I pulled up in the car park I got some looks. I ignored everyone and kept my head down when I got out and headed to the reception.

"Hello. I'm new today, do you have a timetable for me or can you point me in the right direction?"

"What's your name sweetie?" the receptionist asked,

"Tammara Angel" she looked through her computer and typed some things in.

"Ahhh yes, your tutor is in the English block, Mrs Yama. You go left out of here and into the main block, then it's up the stairs and room 8a is on your right" she smiled "Mrs Yama will give you your time table and any other information you need for the day,"

"Thank you," I walked out turned left, and headed into the main building then went up the stairs. The bell went just as I noticed 8a. There was a bunch of kids sat down chatting away, the chatting stopped as soon as I walked in and they all looked at me.

Yes everyone, I'm the new kid, no need to bloody stare, I thought.

I went to the front where the teacher was sat,

"Hi, um, I'm Tammara Angel, it's my first day here and I was told I was in your tutor group"

"Tammara, nice to meet you...yes...yes. Listen everyone, this is Tammara Angel and she's new, it's her first day today. I hope you will all make her feel welcome here and settle in, would you like to say something about yourself?"

"I moved her from Manchester and I'm 17" Miss Yama smiled, I looked at the kids and headed to the back when I heard,

"Come and sit with us," I looked to see who said it, a blonde girl was smiling at me, I went and sat down,

"I'm Crystal, that's Tori, Logan and Brad"

"Hey"

"Hi beautiful" I think Brad said,

"Brad" Tori scolded. Yep definitely Brad,

"Hey" Logan said,

"Sorry about him" Tori said,

"It's okay"

My head was already spinning from the little interaction I had with these four individuals.

"Tammara here's your time table" Miss Yama said walking over and handing it to me,

"Thanks," I took it, but before I could look, Crystal snatched it out of my hand,

"You're in my English class and nothing else. Which sucks but one is better than none," they then in turn passed my timetable around, figuring out what lessons I had with them.

I had psychology with Brad and Logan, Business with Tori and Religious studies with no one. The bell went and I was led away by Tori, so I guessed we had Business first.

It went by fast enough; I wasn't really paying much attention.

I then had English with Crystal, which again went by pretty fast.