~26~ Stories to dream Pt.2 Questions and concerns

Start from the beginning

The young girl's eyes light up.
"Really!? Royal flowers!" She smiles, "Thank you, your highness!"

"Promise we'll see you tomorrow?" Louisa asks and her sister lightly hits her shoulder as I smile at the three.

"Pinkie promise." I say, holding out my hand as she quickly links our pinkies and shakes her hand as she smiles, looking up at my face.

"Thank you." She says happily, wrapping her arms around my upper thighs and I chuckle softly, patting her back before she pulls away, taking her sister's hand.
"We'll see you tomorrow, bright and early, your highness!"

I chuckle as I watch the two skip off, giggling as they matched their footing - a few other children following suit in their attention to skip around.

"Be safe!" I call out before my voice fades, and I then bite back the urge to swallow as I hesitantly turn to face George, who smiles softly and lifts his hand.
I step forward, taking it as he turns and I keep close to his side.

"I apologize for keeping you."

"Nonsense. All that matters is that you and the children had fun." His response was as gentle as the hand that found my back. 

I smile as he leads me towards the carriage.
"Would it be alright if I were to bring some flowers from the gardens?"

The door to the carriage opens and the royal nods, gesturing for me to enter.
"I see no problem with it."

"Thank you." I say kindly, giving the male a curtsy before he helps me into the carriage.
I rest on the plush seats, the smile wanting to fall as reality set back in.

George sits across from me and the door to the carriage shuts moments later - the air quiet apart from a relaxed sigh.

"You did it again, my love." His words were quietly spoken and my eyes flick up to his as he leans forward, resting his elbows on his legs as his hands were clasped in front of him.

"I-" my voice falters.

The male's blue eyes narrow only just. "Don't think I didn't notice...that look of unease, helplessness. The look of panic that crosses your delicate features whenever you are frightened."

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." I say quietly, squeezing the fabric of my dress and his eyes soften.

"I know. It is just something we need to work on." He pauses for a moment, tilting his head. "Your gaze, I did not see what you were looking at, so tell me. Whatever made you so frightened, my darling dove?" His hand moves to grasp mine, his eyes falling down to them.

"...I do not know."

His hands tighten and my gaze falls.

"If I am being honest, my dear, I believe I know what made you feel worry. And if you'll pardon my honesty, I believe you thought of running away- at least something to that extent."

°
°
°

~~~ Time skip ~~~

°
°
°

Gone was the fancy regalia worn to town - the soldiers and wandering eyes of onlookers. Gone was the crown and fancy titles left only to be the warm breeze of night.

The area was silent, wrapped in peaceful understanding speckled with the lively flora of the eastern terrace gardens - the spacious pathways separating the fields of grass.

The farthest thing from a reflection of the crazy morning.

It was just George and I - his warm hand embracing my smaller one in a loving and protective way - our fingers intertwined together as we walked slowly through the eastern gardens and back up to the castle.