Chapter 10: Confronting Past

"Mew,  tell me again why we are going to meet your dad? " Gulf asked, speaking for the first time since they sat facing each other on a  black limousine.

They were sitting behind Bob, 'the secretary' who was driving the car. Gulf was extremely nervous with the idea of meeting Mr. Suppasit for the first time, especially when he was aware of the estrange relationship that the father and son shared. But he was curious as to what was the new development.

"He messed up, I guess. " Mew glanced at him, certain he had to explain. "So, My dad seem to want to reconcile with me. And to do that, he reportedly reached out to Arkie and.. "

Gulf rolled his eyes. "I really hope this is the last time, we'll be talking about him" .  Mew nodded absent-mindedly.

Gulf was aware that he had been impulsive but it simply didn't feel right when Mew's father seem to be favouring the round-headed boy, who had broken Mew's heart. Moreover, he was disappointed in the reality that many people still have not recognized their relationship.

He understands that part of it was his fault because he haven't been open about his relationship but he wished, Mew did not have a past. He would have been okay with the past but the way it interefered in his present life bothered him deeply.

"Gulf, my dad has nothing to do with me anymore. " Mew said seriously.

"Is it okay if I ask about your deal with your dad? " Gulf asked, hesitated.

Mew looked at him uncomfortably. "He just outright rejected me when the news with Arkie broke off. I mean, he already had walked out on us before so, It shouldn't matter. But, I did wanted to get close to him. " Mew stuttered pressing his fingers on his palm and squirted on his seat.

"It's just I worked so hard to get close to him. I wanted to work in his office with him and make him proud. But just when that dream of mine was slowly coming true, he failed to even acknowledge me as his son just because I kissed a man. " Mew sniffed coldly and looked over the window.

Gulf's heart ached upon hearing it. He was lost in words. In fact, he could only recall the words of Mew's mother who told him how Mew worked everything only for his father And how she was afraid that he was coming in between the father and the son.

He wondered, what if he was not dating him. Will his father accept Mew as his son? If that was what Mew wants, he dare not take that away, he thought.

But the idea of separating from Mew terrified him.

"Mew", he called softly, "If given a chance, would you still love to work with your dad? "

Mew perplexed but his eyes softened. "I don't know. I've got a lot of emotions in me right now. " He said.

"I don't know what to say but I hope you'll choose your happiness. " Gulf said.

A thick silence followed inside. For the first time, Gulf felt uncomfortable in presence of Mew because he felt as though he was a distraction in between Mew's hard-earned dream and losing his father for good.

"Gulf" Mew said reaching out for his hands and held it tightly, "Just know that I am thankful you came into my life. "

He flashed a smiled graciously deepening the dimples on his cheeks.

"I think we are here". Mew said as Bob pulled the car to a stop in front of a huge glass door leading to a skyscraper.

"Are you saying the CallVoice company belongs to your dad? " Gulf motioned through the window towards the building as the gate opened for them.

CallVoice was the largest Telecom in the entire city and was often mentioned as the topmost company of the country. Gulf wondered what took him long enough to find out that Mew probably could be the heir of this company.