t w e n t y - f o u r

Începe de la început

And so to meet a fan for the first time-- and for her to be so polite and respecting of your personal space-- that had just made your day. But her question had you thinking. Gray had wanted to be a dad so bad. He was even planning on adopting if he weren't to have gotten married.

Did he still want a kid? With you?

The thought made you shudder, thinking of letting him down in any way when all he's wanted was the best for you. And to think that he wanted a kid so bad and you were in no way ready to conceive right now? That upset you a little for him.

Grayson hadn't even made you so much as blush until the next morning, in fact. You'd decided to put yourself together one morning, just slightly, going further than your normal decision of just changing clothes- seeing as you typically never left the house anyway.

Gray was already in the kitchen, sitting at the counter and typing away as you walked down. He was always up hours before you were, especially if he was heading out. "Good morning," you said with a smile. He glanced up before looking back down at his screen.

"Good morning," he said. "Going somewhere?" You poured your oats into your bowl and looked up.

"What?" He glanced back up. "No, why?" you asked. You turned to the microwave.

"Nothing, you look nice, is all." You froze, your finger hovering over the button to turn the microwave on. You felt your face flush and quickly pressed it before turning back. It was just a compliment. What had you all-- flustered?

"Oh-- thank you." It came out a lot quieter than you'd meant it to. He looked up and you gave him a smile. "I'm not going anywhere, I just thought I'd do something different." He nodded. You locked eyes with him for a moment before the microwave went off. You quickly turned.

He cleared his throat a little and you heard him begin to type again. "So--" he swallowed, "do you wanna go out for lunch or something?" You looked up from your oats.

"Lunch?" He nodded. "Like-- to eat?" He nodded again.

"Yeah." He glanced up at you and you quickly turned to turn the coffee machine on, afraid you were still red.

"Like-- me and you?" You heard him make a noise with his throat that sounded like a stifled cough and a burp at the same time. You almost laughed out loud-- a coping mechanism for your nerves.

"Well, yeah-- unless you wanna ask a few friends to like, come or something?" You turned back to him. "But I was thinking just us, yeah."

"Oh, well, maybe tomorrow?" you asked. He frowned and looked back up at you. "Because-- you've got that meeting, remember?" His eyebrows bunched up and you sensed he was pulling up his calendar.

"What meet--" he paused. "Oh." You nodded. "Right, it slipped my mind, thanks." You shook your head, stirring your oatmeal.

"Yeah, don't worry about it."

"We could do dinner then?" he asked. You looked up, the spoon halfway to your mouth. It didn't make it in.

"Dinner?" He nodded. "Like, me and you." He smiled this time.

"Yes y/n, like me and you." You ate your oatmeal.

"O-okay," you said quietly. "Okay, dinner, then." He smiled, picking up his phone.

"I'll make reservations somewhere?" You nodded. He smiled. "Well, be ready I guess-- I mean you already look nice so--" Oh, you were red all over again. You turned.

"Yeah, okay," you said quickly. You heard him pick up his stuff.

"Sixish, maybe? I don't know when the meeting'll end, but I think I'll come straight from there to pick you up?" You nodded, pouring creamer into your coffee. "Sound good?"