[1]

Chapter One

The Nightmare Begins

~~~~~~~~

"Daichi, we're not going to wait for you!" I heard Suga yell.

"Yeah, yeah I know." I retorted as I leaned down to tie my shoe. I watched as Asahi and Suga walked into the gym. I could hear the normal sounds of practice going on inside; From volleyball's hitting the ground to Kageyama and Hinata arguing like there was no tomorrow.

I finished tying my shoe and walked up to the gym doors, pushing them open.

As soon as I opened the doors the sounds stopped and the lights switched off. I saw that the gym was empty. Not even the net was still up.

How had they put everything away so quickly? If this is a joke it's not a very good one.

I saw something run across the gym. It was human-shaped and seemed to be slouching. I felt a wave of fear wash over me.

"Hey, guys? This isn't funny." I said into the darkness. There was no response, not even the snicker of a loud teammate.

I dropped my bag on the floor and stepped into the gym. As soon as I had both feet inside I heard the door slam behind me; But, before I could react a spotlight across the gym turned on. Underneath the light was a very droopy looking Hinata. He was standing at an angle and his normally fluffy hair had been flattened a little. He turned around to face me, and when he did I almost screamed.

His eyes had been replaced by marbles. I tried not to let my voice shake as I said,

"H-Hinata what's going on. Where is everyone else?". All he did was giggle and say,

"Welcome captain. We've been expecting you. Follow me."

I shivered at his tone.

"Who's we?" I said, trying to keep the fear out of my voice.

All he did was smile and run out of the spotlight and into the storage room.

I looked back at the door. It didn't look to be closed that tightly, but I couldn't see well in the darkness.

What should I do?

~~~~~~~~

>To follow Hinata, go to chapter 2

>To try the door, go to chapter 3

~~~~~~~~~