×the sacrifice×

↠hello! welcome to the first chapter of my short story project!

↠tw: mentioned child sacrifice, implications of satanic cult ritual

↠please enjoy!

♤♤♤

the swift breeze knocked against her window as anastasia tossed and turned in her bed. she was so excited for tomorrow! ever since they moved to this town, mommy and daddy had been acting strange. they told her about a new group of friends. friends! anastasia didn't get to have many of those in this town.

in the past few days, mommy and daddy had been giving her so much nice stuff! they made her her favorite foods, read books to her, (even though they sounded funny), sang weird songs to her (daddy called them chants), and gave her the prettiest necklace! and yesterday, they said they were gonna take her to meet their friends! she couldn't wait!

suddenly, the door creaked open, and the small girl rose her head up to look in her doorway. she say her mom and dad wearing funny masks that looked like animals in the books she read.

"daddy?"

"come, ana. it is time to meet our friends."

her small feet hit the cold hardwood floor as she walked over to her father. daddy handed her a small pink cup.

"drink up, dearest."

she did as she was told, and soon she started to feel faint and dizzy. she fell to the floor and the last thing she saw was her parents looming down at her.

"the time has come."

♤♤♤

word count: 229