03

Ugh....

     I remembered the coldness I always felt when I wake up. But this time, I didn't feel anything but warmth.

What...?

     "Hey...Wake up..!"

     I feel someone shaking my shoulder. As I open my eyes, I see bright sunlight. And a cute little boy's face. He had dark brown hair and sunflower yellow eyes. His eyes are pretty...

     I wanted to enjoy the warm sun on my skin a little longer, but a yell cut through my thoughts.

     "RUN!!" Unfortunately, I knew that word. And I don't like it.

     I jump up and follow behind the boy. He probably woke me up to warn me of something. 

     "Stop there!! You little pygmies! Trying to run away will only tire you out!" someone behind me shouts. I turn around as some dude is about to strike down his weapon on the little boy. I pull him out of the way just in time. 

     I grab the brown-haired boy by his sleeve and start to run again.

     Suddenly, I hear the horrifying sound of arrows piercing a body. 

     "Argh!! Who's that-!" I turn around. A drip of blood splatters onto my face.

     The boy had a terrified look on his face. Suddenly, I realized I don't know who he is, where I am, and what we are supposed to do. 

     "Hey! What's happening! Why is everyone trying to kill us?!" I then notice an archer standing on top of a cliff is putting her arrow in place. 

     "And come on! We need to go!" I say hurriedly, grabbing the boy's arm.

     BANG! The loud noise rings in my ears. What the... 

     Blood spurts everywhere again. I can literally feel the brown-haired hid next to me, shaking.

     I can see the sweat dripping off his forehead. I can see he is scared.