𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

Her phone started ringing causing her answer it without looking at the number.

She sniffled. "Hello?"

"Was-. Yo, you good?" Langston asked wondering what was wrong.

"Yea I'm good. What did you need?"

"Where you at?" He asked ignoring everything she was saying.

Wiping her eyes she looked out the window. "My mother's house." Lianna answered.

"I'll be there in ten minutes."

"You don't hav-." She started to say before he hung up on her.

Sure enough ten minutes had passed when she seen his 2000 Cadillac Escalade pull up behind her. Langston got out of the truck walking to the passenger side of her car. Unlocking the door for him, he got inside looking over at her.

"What's wrong?"

"You didn't have to come see me."

"What's wrong?" He asked once again.

"My father's in there." She nodded towards the house.

He knew that Lianna hadn't  communicated with her father since she was thirteen, so why was he popping up now?

"What'd he say?"

Shaking her head as to say nothing, Lianna stared blankly at the dashboard. She felt ambushed. Her mother should have gave her a warning or something, then she could've knew what she was walking into.

Feeling him place her hand into his, she looked over at him; seeing him already staring at her.

"So whatchu gon' do?" Langston asked playing her fingers.

Lianna had no idea how to handle this situation. So she stayed silent staring at the house. The two sat in a comfortable silence just enjoying being in each other's presence.

He continued to play with her fingers, while she sat there in silence just wanting to go home.

"You gon' be good?"

"Yea. Thanks for keeping me company." She smiled at him.

He smirked getting out the car, walking over to the drivers side opening the door and pulling her out of the car.

Langston wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her into a hug. She hugged him back, inhaling his scent in the process.

"Get home safe."

"You too."

Lianna pulled off after he was in the car, she just wanted to go home and get in the bed and that was what she was planning to do.

————————————————————-

2 hours later

Constant vibration from her phone woke Lianna out of her deep slumber. Seeing that Miara was calling she answered thinking something was wrong.