"I'm here now," he soothed.

The night grew colder but inside the large mansion that stood atop the highest cliff on Theodosia, Calvin laid next to the woman he loved as his massive frame soon began to provide some comfort to Ettie. He pulled the coverlets higher to her chin and observed her as her cheeks began to blush and her shivers to vanish. Her hair laid curled around her head her lips moist and light pink, as they parted just slightly.

He felt a smile crack his thin lip grim as he reached down to her, to place a tender feathered kiss unto her mouth. Ettie mumbled against his lips and he chuckled as he savored the movement against him.

His large hands rubbed up and down her body trying to provide some comfort and warmth. Small sad whimpers began to escape her and it was more than he could bear as he stood and stripped from his clothes. Leaving only his trousers Calvin crawled back in making certain that his skin touched hers. His masculine frame took her petite body against his, Ettie's back pressed to his massive chest snuggling into him almost like a missing puzzle.

His lips pressed to the back of her ear as the effect of his tender action caused Ettie to utter his name. He smiled, held her close, and tried to think on a positive note that she would gain her strength and pull through.

***

The morning seeped into the large chamber, slowly melting the frost off the large window. Calvin gave a groan and stretched in bed as he felt Ettie's small frame still pressed against him. To his wonder, she laid with her eyes wide open, her one good hand clutching the sheets close to her chin.

"How are you feeling?" he asked. He reached out to caress her velvet cheek but she inched away. "Please do not fear me." Calvin said.

Tears pooled in her eyes as she tried to scoot away.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"You've never been this tender before." she whispered.

She managed to stand and wobbled a bit as she looked around, her eyes taking in her injured arm and the aching in her body.

"What has happened?" She asked.

Calvin felt his brow furrow as he pulled off the bed and slowly went to her. Her eyes searched around the chamber, tears slowly slipping from her eyes.

"Please." Calvin whispered.

Her head shook in protest as he knelt down before her, her eyes taking in all that was he. His hand reached out to take hers but she gave a small cry as he tugged her to him.

"No harm will befall you, you are safe." He whispered.

Her tear-filled eyes made his heart clench as he tugged her closer although she shook her head and tried to pull away. He managed to stand and gather her into his embrace and hold her there as her damp cheek pressed against his naked torso.

"I'm not going to hurt you love, your safe, I swear it." He whispered.

Soon after, her weeping died down and she simply sniffled trying to look up to his emerald eyes. Their gazes locked and Ettie gave a sigh of relief her body going slack into his embrace.

"Are you in any pain?" Calvin asked.

She did not reply simply stared at him. Gently pushing away she looked down to her feet.

For a moment, Calvin feared that Ettie would suffered memory loss from the accident but now his troubles had vanished as recognition crossed her eyes.

***

There was so much that needed to be explained. She could not understand why she was injured why she felt like she hadn't looked upon his face in ages. Everything was slowly coming back to her. It almost felt like she had been sleeping for years.