Reaching the large cemetery Calvin tied his horse near the hefty black gates and slowly made his way over to Lydia's tombstone. Taking a knee, he slowly brushed aside the leaves that had built over it. A few dead roses lay over the grass and he knew deep down that Ettie had been the only one to visit it. For the last six year's he had avoided coming here, and know he knew not why he finally decided to come. He caressed her named engraved on the grey stone and exhaled as he stood and quietly closed his eyes and sighed. For the last three days, he had been searching for Henry and every time he wandered the streets of Theodosia, he always came home empty handed. Today his father had requested that he seem him once again, but Calvin could not bring himself to stand near his father and watch him die either. The wind picked up and Calvin shuttered to feel the chilly air prick his skin.

For all he knew Henry was probably wandering the streets, cold, frightened and completely alone. It was all his fault why his son could not be found, without knowing or wanting to acknowledge it, he had pushed him away and driven him to flee at such a young age.

"I know I have not done my duty the right way, I know I have failed as a father and a husband, but I swear by all that is pure that I will try my best to rebuilt myself and try again. Give me a second chance, give me the opportunity to put the wrong things right." he whispered. The wind picked up yet again and a few leaves rustled creating a small swirling tornado that quickly vanished.

"I will always love you Lydia...but somehow I've managed to feel for another. I am filled with confusion and fear; I am not worthy of such a pure hearted person. She deserves better, and that's what hurts the most. I have made a mess of things, and once again managed to crumple everything up." He confessed. "I will put the wrong things right, just help me find him, help me find our son."

Calvin left the cemetery watching as the sun began to set, the day had come to its end and once again Calvin would have to return home empty handed.

***

The door creaked open and Ettie pressed to the darkest corner of the room, the shackles around her ankles protesting as deep footsteps walked inside. A sudden dim light ignited in the room giving it an eerie glow. She quivered as she held her incapacitated shoulder trying to fasten her sight elsewhere.

"Are you hungry?" Calvin asked.

She did not reply simply closed her eyes and fought to drown his presence. His footsteps neared her and she felt the chill of the room wrap around her as she sucked in a sharp breath

"Let me take a look at that arm." He whispered.

His hand reached forward and Ettie shook her head pressing up agains the wall.

"Henrietta...stop, do you want it to hurt forever?" he questioned.

"Just go away." she managed to whisper.

"Hold still." He replied, giving little thought to her words.

Ettie quivered under his hold as Calvin reached out to take her injured arm into his grasp and stretched her arm out. She winced in pain as he slowly trailed his fingers up feeling where the injury was. When the grip around her bicep tightened, Calvin gave her arm a sudden pull and something popped. Ettie muffled her cry as she pushed forward and pressed her forehead to his shoulder.

"It was out of place, but this will make you feel better." He whispered.

She took breaths as she waited for the pain to slowly fade and felt her head a bit light as her stomach turned. Ettie looked up to meet his gaze and bit her lip, would this work? She pressed up against the wall and closed her eyes trying to grab the courage to do it and then the lie slipped from her mouth.

"I'd like a bath." She muttered.

Calvin gave a sigh and then nodded standing to pull the velvet rope near his bed. Mrs. Sally was there in a heartbeat, quickly took Calvin's orders, and rushed out to bring water for her to bathe. Once the water was prepared, Calvin asked for Mrs. Sally to leave and the door shut.

Her heart raced as Ettie felt the sweat forming on her brow once again. What would happen if this did not come to pass? She gathered the last of her wits, waited for Calvin to bent down and slowly take the shackles from her ankles. Her stomach turned as he helped her rise and Ettie felt she had no strength as she looked past him to the open window. They stood looking at each other for a moment and Ettie felt it was now or never.

"There are something's I must discuss with you." He said.

Slowly she walked past him trying to fool him into heading towards the washroom and freedom was within a few steps of her as she reached for the handle.

"I would like a bit of privacy," she whispered. She gulped and gripped the handle as Calvin took a seat to the far end of the bed refusing to leave the chamber bedroom and simply crossed his arms over his chest. The man never left her sight unless it was to leave and search for Henry. Night had come and Ettie wondered if she would even manage to escape at all, as she looked at the window once again.

She prayed that this would work as she stopped and turned to look at him. She took a few steps towards the window and felt her heart pound as Calvin's brows furrowed.

"What do you think you are doing?" he questioned. He stood and she froze as he stormed over to the window and slammed it shut. The room went dark as the hard slam blew the candle out and that is when she bolted for the door. Ettie quickly locked the door from the outside and ran for the third floor. Rushed footsteps gathered behind her and she urged her legs to go faster as she reached Lady Lydia's room. Pushing past it she rushed to the window and looked down to the ground. Taking a deep breath Ettie clutched on tightly to the vines and made her way down the mansion, making certain not to make such a racket as she finally felt the cool grass under her bare feet. The key in her grip turn moist as she ran in through the stables and quickly took Calvin's horse.

The servants stood a bit confused as she climbed it, kicked its side, and burst through the stable doors in a rush. The wind whistled in her ears as she turned over her shoulder to find the large Mansion only turn smaller by the minuet as she galloped away. It had not been easy trying to slip the key from his vest but her slender hands had done the job once he had helped her rise off the ground.

***

Calvin gave another kick and the door suddenly broke off its hinges while slowly falling back. Mrs. Sally stood a bit surprised and then stuttered to find her voice. Calvin merely stormed past her and the rest of the servants that stood shocked.

The little drip had managed to pull the key from his vest without him knowing it. He, who had killed more than a dozen men by knowing which move they would make next. With Ettie, it was clearly different. Those large blue eyes captured every bit of his attention along with his senses. Ettie had also deceived him and made him believe she would bolt for the window, once he stood and closed it she ran for the door. He was amazed at how rusty he was, he knew it was not good, for a woman had managed to get the best of him.

He was well known for spotting liars, spies, and foes in the army, for knowing their methods their hideouts. If the men in the army would find out that a skinny little servant had managed to escape his grasp he would be the laughing stock of Theodosia.

Finally reaching the stables, he called for his horse and realized then that Ettie had stolen it as well. Calvin stood a bit amazed at it all, she had done it in a blink of an eye. She had managed to escape the strongest of Nights, flee his mansion and with no other than his warhorse. A smile broken on his face as he took another horse mounted it and followed pursuit after her trail. Little did she know that his horse's hooves held the Masters initials.

Oh, she would be easier to track than the rats that crossed his path in time of war.