Part Two

The final bell rang and everyone left except for Tyler and Kevin. As Tyler waited for the door to open, he saw Kevin walking with his head down and his hood on. He stood next to Tyler and put his back onto the lockers. Tyler put his hand on his friend's shoulder and smiled. "Eh, it's just a little detention. What's the harm in that?" He asked. Kevin became angry. "EVERYTHING is wrong with that!" He shouted. "I. TOLD MYSELF I WASN'T GOING TO BE THE BAD KID ANYMORE, BUT I MAKE ONE MISTAKE AND I'M SENT HERE, AGAIN. WHAT IF THEY DON'T EVEN LET US GO TO THE DANCE?!"

Tyler looked at him and his eyes grew dull. "Then... I won't be able to invite him to the dance..." he said in a low voice. Kevin looked at Tyler and sighed. "I'm sorry." He said. The two got quiet and the teacher opened the door. "Sorry I'm late, I had to grade some things. Come on in you two trouble makers." She said as the two went into the classroom.

They sat down and the teacher handed them both different packets. "You're getting different ones so you don't cheat. I'm calling your parents right now." She said, walking over to her desk. Kevin rolled his eyes and started writing. Tyler could hear his mom's voice on the phone and the teacher started motioning him to come to her. He got up and held the phone to his ear.

"H-hi mom..." he said. His mom was quiet for a little bit. She sighed. "Honey, I feel like Kevin is a bad influence. Once more slip up like this and we're moving. Besides, this town is dangerous anyways with all those weird monster attacks." She said. "O-ok mom. Bye. I love you." He said. "I love you too." His mom replied before hanging up.

Tyler went back to his seat and continued writing. Kevin's parents never answered the phone. "Mr. Reynolds your parents aren't picking up so I'll have to email them." She said as she pulled out a folder of student information. When she got to Kevin's page she saw there wasn't any email there. "Kevin, why don't your parents have an email on here?" She asked.

"We don't have a computer." Kevin said. The teacher scoffed. "You know what," she said, "You two have such attitudes. Go home! Now!" Tyler and Kevin shrugged and left the room. They walked home together.

"Kevin I was wondering something..." Tyler said. Kevin looked at him. "What is it?" He asked. Tyler's face turned red. "Will.... will you go to... to the.... uhhhhhh..... hmm.... WILL YOU GO TO THE DANCE WITH ME?!" He yelled after constant murmuring. Kevin's eyes widened. "Tyler... I-" before he could finish, Tyler ran home.

When Kevin got home he went to his room and closed his door. He sat on his bed and looked to his dresser. There sits a picture of him and Tyler when they first met. It made him think about their friendship and all of the things they've done together.

Tears formed in his eyes and they began to go down his cheeks. He felt like he didn't know what to do anymore. Suddenly, the virus alarm rang and he immediately grabbed his battle ball.

The four met in the center of town where the beast was. Kevin looked at Tyler and immediately back at the beast. Shope, Roach, and Kevin began attacking it, but when Tyler tried to teleport, his powers weren't working. He luckily jumped out of the way before a car that the beast threw could hit him.

After the battle, the four went to the Galacticus to see what was wrong. XR4TI did a scan of Tyler's battle ball and put all the information on a big screen. "There are many reasons his battle ball couldn't be working, but they mostly have to do with his mental state. Tyler, have you been feeling any confusing or hurtful emotions lately?" She asked. Tyler looked at Kevin and then back at her. "Yes." He said with a low tone in his voice.

"Then that's the problem," she said, "Your battle ball is special because it connects to your mind more than it does your body. You must be able to have complete control of whatever is making you feel this way to get your battle ball working again." Tyler nodded.

As the noobs were about to leave, Mem stopped Kevin. "Kevin, I'm gonna need to talk to you." He said. Kevin sighed and sat down on the couch. Mem sat next to him. "I can tell you have a very strong bond with Tyler," he said, "something that has caused you to feel something more than friendship." Kevin nodded. "It's just that he's so perfect in every way, and I'm nothing. I couldn't even accept his invite to the dance tomorrow!" He said.

Mem put his hand on Kevin's shoulder. "If you want Tyler to be with you, you have to show him that you can be brave. It's ok to be scared, but people want someone they can trust and if Tyler can't trust you, then he can't be with you. Do you understand?" He explained. Kevin nodded and left the Galacticus.

When Tyler got back to his house he saw his mom in the living room with Kevin's hoodie in her hand. Tyler suddenly remembered that Kevin had given it to him on a cold day. She had a straight face and was tapping her foot. "So, Tyler. Care to explain to me why Mr. Bad boy's hoodie was in your room?" She asked. "Mom it's not what you think!" He replied.

His mom threw the hoodie to the ground and began yelling. "I will not let you be taken over by that rebellious.... JERK of a boy! He's trying to get you into things you can never bounce back from!" She shouted. Tyler's face began to turn red. "EW MOM NO WE'RE NOT DOING THAT KIND OF STUFF!" Tyler yelled. His mom picked up the hoodie and went to put it in her room where Tyler couldn't get it. "I'm not joking around. If I see anything like this AGAIN, it's done!" She said as she walked away.

Tyler decided he didn't want to be in that house at that moment so he grabbed his phone and his battle ball and went to the meadow. Beyond the meadow is a forest and beyond that forest is a cliff. Tyler got to the top and sat near the edge. The wind blew through his blonde locks of hair. He took out his hair pins and the rest of his hair flopped down onto his face and moved away as the wind kept flowing.

He then heard footsteps in the grass and looked back. There he saw Kevin walking towards the cliff. The two stopped and looked at each other. No one had ever seen Tyler with his hair down. Kevin smiled. "Your hair... it's beautiful."

"