Chapter 16

Vanya and Five secured Alexander, so he wouldn't escape. They went to go find the rest of the siblings amongst the debris. They all seemed unharmed, except for Klaus who was furious at Alexander because he broke a nail.

They all surrounded Alexander who was crouching down on the ground.

"You are going to go away for a long time" Diego said glaring at Alexander.

"It doesn't matter, I still achieved what I wanted. You all don't have powers, except for Vanya, but that doesn't matter. She can't take down all the villains on her own. Someday a bigger badder villain will come along and take her down" Alexander said.

"So not only was your plan to take over the world, but also make sure we couldn't stop anyone else" Five said.

"Wow you really are the smartest out of everyone here" Alexander said.

"Enough. Come on, let's take him back home and see what dad wants to do with him" Ben said and grabbed him.

The Umbrella Academy started the journey back to their house. Vanya stayed back, which Five noticed and walked towards her.

"You okay Van?"

"Yeah, it's just, Alexander's got a point. I can't fight all the villains, I can barely control my own powers. There has to be a way to get your powers back" Vanya said leaning her head on Five's shoulder as they walked.

"Don't worry Vanya we'll figure something out, and Alexander will never bother us again" Five said and kissed Vanya's forehead.

Time jump back to the house

"Oh children thank goodness you are all right!" Grace exclaimed hugging all her children.

Pogo stepped forward "Glad to have all of you back".

Then Reginald came out from his study. "How did the mission go?"

"Well we got Alexander" Diego said showing Alexander in cuffs.

"But there were some complications" Ben said.

"What kind of complications" Reginald pressed.

"Well, we lost our powers. Alexander used-"

"HE USED THE BLUETONIUM?!" Reginald interrupted. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?"

Just as Reginald was about exclaim, Alexander smirked. "It means that you will never get your powers back. Ever."

"What? You're lying." Luther said.

"Does it look like I'm lying? Why don't you ask dear old dad" Alexander asked.

They all looked up at Reginald who just lowered his head. He didn't say any words, but he didn't need to. They all knew what he meant.

"No, there has to be another way" Vanya broke the silence.

"Vanya..." Five started.

"No Five, I won't let this be to end. I have to do something" Vanya stormed over to Alexander brought his face close to hers.

"I know you. I know the way you think. You've been planning this for a while. There is a way and you know it. Now, what. Is. It?"

"Well...while I was studying your powers in particular Vanya, there was an anomaly. You were the only one who had the ability to well-beat me. You could reverse the blutonium's effects, but..."

"But?" Five asked.

"But there's a chance that you'd be giving something up to give them their powers"

"Give up what exactly?" Vanya asked.

"I'm not sure exactly. Whatever it is, it is permeant"

"So it could be her life?" Ben asked.

"Possibly"

"No. No. No. Absolutely not." Five said.

"Five..."

"Vanya, no you can't. I just got you back and I'm not letting go anytime soon. You can't just sacrifice your life for our powers" Five said grabbing Vanya's shoulders.

"Five, the wold needs you. All of you guys" she gestured to everyone.

"Vanya, when will you get it? I need you. I don't care about my powers. I just care about you. Us. If I told you how I felt all those years ago. Before the apocalypse. Before me time traveling the first time and leaving you. You ca-can't just throw that all away" Five said.

"Oh Five..." Vanya said leaning in to Five and kissing him tenderly. Five wrapped his arms protectively around her waist and pulled her in closer.

"Vanya...I love you"

"I love you too" Vanya said. "And I'm sorry".

Five looked at Vanya confused but it was too late. She pushed him back and created a forcefield that separated her and Alexander to everyone else.

"She's gonna do it! She's gonna sacrifice herself!" Ben yelled.

"NO VANYA STOP!" Five yelled pounding on the forcefield.

Vanya couldn't face Five's voice and looked down at Alexander.

"So, how do I give them back their powers?"

Thank's for reading guys! The story is coming to an end soon which is perfect timing for school starting on Monday.

I'll try to keep writing during the school year, but also no promises (sorry)

~F❤️