Chapter 10

Warning: This chapter uses strong language and abuse. If you don't like reading it I suggest you skip this chapter. Thank you.

Meanwhile Vanya was staying at small motel on the outskirts of the city.

She was definitely getting weird looks for a 13 year old staying at a motel on her own, but no one cared that much to say anything.

Vanya missed everything about her old life, but more specifically, people.

She really really missed Five, but she knew that this was the right thing to do.

Vanya walked into a small cafe that was located right next to the motel she was staying at. Soon after sitting down at a table, a waitress came over.

"What can I get for ya hun?" The sweet middle aged lady asked.

"Uhh, I'll get a coffee, black. And uh, this might sound weird, but do you have bread, marshmallows, and peanut butter?" Vanya asked.

"I believe we do. Why ya asking sweetie?"

"Just bring over 2 slices of bread and a little bit of each please" Vanya replied.

The waitress shrugged and took down the order, then proceeded to grab the coffee pot and pour a mug for Vanya.

Vanya took a swig from her mug, then reached out for a nearby newspaper.

"Here's your items sweetie. What ya makin anyway?"

"A sandwich, from home. Uh, how much will this be?" Vanya asked while looking in her pockets.

"On the house honey, it looks like you're goin on an adventure and I don't wanna stop you"

"Thank you so much maam"

"Oh call me Holly sweetie. Now eat up. I'll be over here if you need anything"

Vanya smiled and continued to make her favourite peanut butter-marshmallow sandwich.

Just after taking the first bite, the door slammed open aa big men with even bigger muscles walked in.

"Holly! God damn it! Why don't you pick up your fucking phone?!" The man screamed.

"Steve, I'm working right now can we talk later?"

"Fuck no we can talk now! Why haven't you paid my rent, clean the house, or do my laundry yet you ungrateful bitch? I let you stay in my home you gotta work for it!"

"I've picked up extra jobs to pay off everything. I just haven't had enough time to-"

"Excuses excuses woman. I can't believe you would do this to me you slut!" Steve yelled and slapped Holly across the face.

She stayed down and whimpered.

"Look at me when I talk you you woman!"

"HEY! Leave her alone!" Vanya yelled and stood up.

"Who are you little missy?" Steve taunted.

"Steve please, she's just a child..." Holly started.

"Shut up! Don't talk unless I let you"

"I'm warning you. Let her go and never come back here"

"Says who?"

"Me."

Vanya closed her eyes and focused, once she opened them, her eyes were now white.

She lifted her hands and a force of energy erupted from here fingertips.

Steve was then launched out the near by window, causing a ear ringing shatter.

"Who the hell are you?!" Steve asked shaking.

"Nobody that concerns you. Now leave. Move out of your house and leave it to Holly. You will never come near Holly ever again or this town again. Never come back again" Vanya said, eyes still glowing.

Steve seemed to understand and scampered away. Vanya's eyes returned back to normal and she looked back at Holly and all the frightened customers.

"Oh um I'm sorry for the damage I caused" Vanya said.

Holly stood up and grabbed a nearby broom.

"Oh honey, you just saved me and the rest of this town. Steve has been terrorizing all of us for months. A broken window is nothing. Now rest, eat, and drink. Don't mind the mess dear" Holly said while sweeping.

Vanya smiled and sat back down at her table. She picked up her sandwich and the newspaper. As she sat down and read the paper she almost spat out her coffee from the leading headline.

Umbrella Academy Missing!
Reginald Hargreeve's has 'No Comment'

It happened late yesterday afternoon. Reportedly the famous team went out for a mission and never returned..

Vanya's hands were shaking.

"Hun you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost" Holly asked.

"I-I don't know. Holly if your family was in trouble, but you left for a good reason, would you go back?"

"Oh dear, I don't care the reason why I left in the first place. Family is more important no matter what"

"You're right Holly, thanks. I have to go, but I'll never forget this and your kindness! I'll be back!" Vanya yelled running out the door.

She had to go back to her family. She had to go back to Five.