~Chapter 23~

Alexis

When I wake up I find a letter on my bedside table. I rub my eyes trying to make the grogginess go away. I grab the envelope and pull out the piece of paper. 

The writing on it is unfamiliar to me. 

Dear Alexis,

I'm sorry that we couldn't do anything about it. I tried, I truly did but they had weapons. Deadly weapons. Your family's home was attacked in the middle of the night. The time I was able to wake up and go outside they were already being dragged away. 

I stop reading the letter and put it on my bed. The day came. The tears start forming in my eyes. My family was captured. Iris was still with them. 

My heartbeat speeds up and the air seems thinner. 

Hazel, Josh, Iris and mum were captured they were really captured. All because of me being in this Selection. 

My throat feels tight and I go to the balcony to try to get some air. I take in a huge gulp of air and the choking pain goes away. I burst out of my room and see Shane walking down the hallway. He turns at the sound of the door. He gives me a look and I nod.

He grabs my arm and we run to a small room downstairs, careful to dodge around patrolling guards. He pulls out four bags from under the bed. He gives me two. "Change into the clothes inside then go to Lady Grace." I nod and he exits the room running. I quickly get changed and find a pit of paper on a desk. I quickly write a note to Drew.

Dear Drew,

My family has been captured by rebels so I have gone to go look for them. I am going with Officer Leger and Lady Grace. Please choose your wife wisely. If it were me I would choose Sophia. I'm sorry I have to leave but if my family is in danger then that's what matters. 

I truly do Love you but you must move on. Choose Sophia for the good of the country.

~Love Alexis 

I fold the paper and grab the bags. I run upstairs to Grace's room. I enter and wake her up. "What?" She grumbles. She opens her eyes and her eyes widen. I give her a bag. "Change into the clothes, I will me in my room." She nods and I dart to my room. I place the letter to Drew next to the other one.

I take off my rose earring and place them in front of the letters. I ignore the forming tears and go outside. 

I wait for her to change when Shane comes along with someone following.

"Prince Josh?" I ask in disbelief. "Don't worry about that now. Lets go." Shane nods and leads us through the palace hallways. We go through the kitchen and out a door. 

"A truck goes to the airport to pick up food. We need to enter the truck and jump out halfway to the airport. From there we will walk through the woods to the north. From there we will follow the information I gathered to where a few groups of rebels are settled." Grace and Josh nod and I take everything in. 

Just before the truck closes we jump in the back and sit against the walls. Shane closes the hatch and we settle in. The truck starts and I lay my head back. I have a feeling this is only the beginning of our journey. 

~The End~

(A.N): Its finished. The first chapter of the sequel will come out sometime this week. Its called 'From Silks to Rags' Thanks for the many many reads and votes I have gotten in this story. 

If it wasn't for all the support I probably would have stopped this story ages ago. Thank you for baring with me on this journey but its only the beginning. 

for the last time in this book, thank you!!! 

Oh and because I forgot to this chapter is dedicated to JherHood. Sorry I couldn't dedicate it to you earlier. 

-Pandicorn26 ^-^