~Chapter 14~ What?! Again?!

(A.N): OMG OVER 1,800 READS!!!!!!

I would appreciate if you wonderful readers could check out my other story. Its called from nerdy to popular. Thnx ^-^

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!

~Alexis POV~ 

I wake up the next morning to a searing pain on the bottom of my feet. I pull my kegs out from under the sheets and examine my feet. Several blisters, splinters, and scratches smother my feet. I wince at the sight. Alice comes over and applies a creeam that relieves the pain within seconds. I sigh in relief, "Thanks Alice." She smiles then goes into the walk in wardrobe. She comes out with the most stunning dress I have ever seen. Its has a green skirt and a strapless black body made of eathers. The high waisted belt had a jewel on it. (A.N: Dress on the new cover.)

"Why am I wearing such a beautiful dress?" "Oh didn't you know? There's another report in 3 hours." I stare at her blankly emphasising my blinks.  I try to get out of bed but the pain on my feet cause me to collapse.

One hour before the report I get dressed. Alice and Nina help with my makeup and hair. I wear light and natural makeup. My hair is put in a waterfall braid. When I look in the mirror a smile creeps onto my face.

I walk down to the women's room and sit down. When Drew sees me he smiles, on instinct I blush.

They talk about the attack and then start interviewing each of us. "We decided that we start from the end this time so Lady Alexis please come on up."

I make my way to the seat opposite Gavril then sit down. "Now I understand that you were in an interesting position during the attack recently is that correct?" "Yes it is Gavril." "Also I understand that you were very brave and not only escaped while there were tens of rebels near you but you did it alone." "Yes that's true." "I hear that you knew the rebel who was about to shoot you." "Yes, this may be a surprise to you but it was none other than Lily Dean, a former girl that was part of the selected." I hear gasps and 'really's go around the room. "How did you get away?" "Well to my luck I have always been a fast runner so I quickly slipped my heels off then sprinted into the forest. They tried to follow but I ran like my life depended on it nut in this case it did. I had some time til they could catch up so I scanned the area and climbed a tree. I stayed there for about half an hour after they passed then ran all the way back to the safe room in the forest."

"That is truly amazing, sorry Alexis but we must continue with the interview." "Its fine Gavril thank you."

After all the interviews I see prince Alex approaching me. "What you did was pretty brave. Especially how she used to be a really close friend of yours." I only nod at the memor of Lily's eyes. They were full of anger and jealousy.

"Do you want to go outside by the lake and talk about it?" "That would be great." 

We walk together to the lake but on the way I hear footsteps behind a hedge. It must be a patrolling guard. We continue walking but then someone jumps out in front of me. I run to the left while Alex to the right. I turn around to see the rebel with the gun. 

I walk backwards but Lily is behind me. The man aims and I close my eyes waiting for my life to be taken from me. I hear the bang of the bullet and the rebels running away. I open them and see Alex laying in front of me in a puddle of blood. "No, no, no, no, no Alex stay with me. GUARDS!" I kneel next to him and he stares at me. I know that he isn't going to survive so i don't tell him that everything will be okay. He opens his mouth to speak, I lean closer to hear his last words. "I love you Alexis." Just like that he breathes his last breath then his eyes have no soul behind them.

(A.N): What?!Again?! Is referring to that there is another rebel attack.

Thanks ofor the reads adn votes and comments. Ahhhh Nearly 2,000 reads!!!!

If you can pls check out my other story From Nerdy to Popular.

-Pandicorn26 ^-^