"It'll be impossible if he's there, which he always is." I say.

"Don't lose hope Madds. That might have been true once but now since he'd lost so much of his soldiers he really busy. He now always leaves his throne room in the evening to go with Carlos to do some of his duties so that's our chance."

"You mean..."

"Yes." He cut me off as he gave me a smile. "We're leaving tonight."

Marcus's POV

The doors of my throne room suddenly opened and Carlos walked in with a rather concerned look on his face.

"My Lord." He bowed.

"Carlos. What's with that look?? Is there something you need to tell me??" I asked him.

"Yes Lord. Our scouts have brought some news. A large mass of wolves entered Silver Moon lands yesterday evening. So by the looks of it you were right. They're planning to attack." Hearing what he said I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Of course I'm right. They are mindless beasts after all. Always wanting to try and assert their dominance by fighting like the dogs they are. It was way easy to guess what their next move would be."

"What are your orders then my Lord??" He asked, before patiently waiting for me to speak.

"Put every soldier on high alert. They'll most likely try and storm the gate so put up more sentries there."

"Are you sure my Lord?? What if they try and storm the walls??" I scoffed at that.

"The wolves have no capabilities of climbing the walls. And even if they did, they'll easily be cut down by our men the second they start trying." He seemed satisfied by what I said.

"As you say my Lord." He was about to go and leave but then I stop him.

"Carlos." He turn back towards me.

"Yes Lord??"

"The very moment they attack, you tell me. Jayden will most likely target me if they ever manage to breach us. And if he does then, I will have a little surprise waiting for him." I smirked.

"As you order." He bowed before walking out.

"Now, all I have to do is wait." I say as I pour myself a glass of wine.

Taking a sip, feeling the delicious liquid flowing down my throat I sighed out as I took my seat on my throne.

"Come and get me then, Dark Wolf."

Maddison's POV

The whole morning I was nervous. Various outcomes of our plan played through my mind.

What if we get caught??

What if Marcus doesn't leave the room tonight??

I shook it all away and told myself that everything will be alright.

Steven told me to stay in my room and wait for him as he will see if the coast was clear to escape.

I patiently waited...

And waited...

And waited...

Counting the seconds that pass as the sun slowly set giving the moon its chance to show of its beauty.

I walked out to the balcony and I found myself turning towards the forest beyond the walls of the castle.

I had to scrunch up my eyes as I could have sworn that I saw some movement within the darkness of those woods.