"Yes, it's the same everywhere. Every school seems to depend on donations. Even a private school as expensive as yours."

"That's right." Said Zhan, pointing to the designer store where he had to drop out.

Hai Kuan stopped the car right in front of the store and when Zhan looked at the clock, he was happy to see that he now has even ten minutes left. He thanked Hai Kuan for driving him and before he got out of the car, Yibo asked him, "This is where you work? In a business like this?"

"Mhm. I have been there for a year, and so has Chuyue. We can freshen up and change in the back. We can't go home after school, or we'll be late."

"Ah, I see. I wonder if they pay well at least."

"They do. As short-time workers, as they call us, we earn 2,000 yuan a week and once a month we are allowed to choose two designer pieces of clothing from the previous collection. As a kind of reward for good teamwork."

"And what will you do with all this money?"

"Um, well. I have to drop it off at my mother's and I get 5% of it as pocket money."

Yibo and Hai Kuan looked at Zhan with eyes wide open and asked at the same time, "You have to do what?"

"I'll explain another time. Now I have to go in, I have to freshen up and change. And the new manager starts today, too, so I should start on time."

Zhan thanked them again and then said goodbye to them. Zhan walked into the store and Yibo followed him, asking him how to get home after work without his bike. Zhan thought for a moment and then said he had to go shopping anyway and would just take the bus. Then Zhan walked on and into the staff area.

Work went smoothly for Zhan. The new manager Lei, however, explained to him and Chuyue that from now on short-time workers are no longer allowed at the cash register, that there will be a new cash register for which every employee needs a code to operate it and that students will not get a code. He also ordered Zhan and Chuyue to clean up the huge warehouse. Zhan looked around and wondered if they had been collecting garbage, clothes and other stuff for more than ten years, since the warehouse was stuffed almost to the brim.

The manager said that the two of them would have to do it in a week. But Zhan doubted that that would be possible, as he looked around the warehouse. They don't even know where to dispose of it all. Because there are masses of unsold designer pieces and they can't just dispose of them. Usually the manager always sent the unsold clothes back. So why the warehouse was full to the brim with clothes, Zhan could not understand.

With so much work, the four hours passed quite quickly until the end of work. While Chuyue was picked up by his mother by car, Zhan took his bag from the staff area and left the store to walk to the supermarket. His feets hurt, he was tired and there was still so much work ahead of him.

Because Zhan knew that once he was home, he would have to cook, clean, tidy the twins' room, do his homework and then study. Actually, Zhan is used to this and has no problems with it, but today he is simply exhausted and tired.

After shopping in the supermarket, Zhan dragged the heavy shopping bags down the streets to the bus stop. He was already dreading the thought that as soon as he got off the bus, he would have to walk another five hundred meters before he got to the house.

Since the next bus isn't coming for 25 minutes, Zhan just wanted to close his eyes and rest for a moment, just five minutes. But no sooner had he closed his eyes than he heard someone ask, "Do you need help?"

Zhan opened his tired eyes and looked into the worried looking eyes of Wang Yibo. "You? What are you doing here?" He asked confusedly.

"I was wondering if you might miss your bus or need help."

"Really? Well, as you can see, I'm fine." Zhan replied, lying.

"I see that you are completely exhausted and I know that you have a lot of work to do. So come on, I'll drive you home."

"And with what?" Asked Zhan, who saw no vehicle.

Yibo waved at someone Zhan couldn't see and a black SUV drove up to the bus stop. A man got out of the car, took Zhan's shopping bags and put them in the trunk, then opened the back door and asked Zhan and Yibo to get in.

They both got into the car and the driver drove off. Zhan was so tired that he had trouble keeping his eyes open and didn't feel like talking. But apparently Yibo seemed to understand this and kept quiet as well.

They were not even five minutes on the road when Zhan's eyes closed. When he felt someone stroking his cheek and heard that someone whispered, "Wake up ZhanZhan, we are there." Zhan opened his eyes and was startled, because apparently in his sleep he leaned his head against Yibo's shoulder.

"Oh I'm sorry. I fell asleep. I didn't mean to." Said Zhan hastily and saw the driver through the rearview mirror, grinning.

"No problem. My shoulder is always at your disposal." Yibo replied. Zhan was so embarrassed that he blushed and got out of the car as quickly as possible. The driver handed him his shopping bags, Zhan thanked him politely and almost ran to the house. Where his stepmother was already waiting for him and told him to start cooking, she and her boys were already starving for dinner.