2 | First Morning together.

Start from the beginning

I was cleaning up with Max when I suddenly heard footsteps coming. I panicked.

Maybe it's mom!

"Max! Get behind the couch" I whispered. She nodded understanding and got behind the couch.

El was yet sleeping in her fort so I couldn't wake her up, I just covered her face with a blanket so it would look like it was just a heap of blankets. I quickly lifted the matress because if mom would've seen it she would become suspicious that I was down here all night or something and become mad.

"Mike! It's us." I heard Lucas's voice from behind the door.

Thank God it's just them. I removed the blanket from El's face. She looks so peaceful.

"Come in!"

Max understood that it was just our friends and came out from behind the couch and sat down on it.

As they came in I started folding the matress and blankets properly, Max offered to help again but I refused.

"Good mo-" I cut Lucas of.

"Shut up Lucas can't you see El is sleeping!" I whispered.

"Oh sorry." He said but he was yet loud.

"Talk softly! She will wake up!!" I whispered again, rather angry.

"Jeez Mike, calm down." Said Lucas.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

Why the hell am I so concerned for her?

"It's ok."

We all sat on the couch.

"Did you three sleep well?" Asked Lucas.

But I didn't hear him. I was just staring at El. Even in her sleep she looks like a angel.

"Mike?"

"Mikee."

"Michael Wheeler!" That slapped me out of my trance.

"What? And don't call me that." I said. I absolutely hate that name.

"Sorry but you were just not listening!" Said Lucas.

"Yeah yeah..."

El started steering in her sleep and slowly opened her beautiful hazel eyes and blinked. She got up and let out a yawn. I smiled lightly. She's so cute.

El rubbed her eyes and opened them properly and saw all of us looking at her.

I noticed that she was starting to get uncomfortable with everyone staring at her so I cleared my throat.

"Uh guys she's up so we can talk properly now." I said

"Yeah ok."

"So did you freshen up?" Dustin asked.

"No my toothbrush and the extra tooth brushes are in my room and my room was locked of course so I couldn't get them."