Chapter 62: Changes

Start from the beginning

After a few minutes, Yachi entered his car and the three made their way to the arena. When they arrived, they parked and noticed the billboard's statement:

MSBY Jackals vs Schweiden Adlers

After they entered the arena, Yachi told them to find their seats as she went to purchase skewers from Shimada Mart's stand nearby. Kei and Yamaguchi went to the seating area and began browsing through the player's guide.

MSBY Black Jackals

Meian Shugo #4 Captain/Middle Blocker

Inunaki Shion #6 Libero

Tomas Adriah #9 Middle Blocker

Barnes Oliver #10 Wing Spiker/Opposite Hitter

Bokuto Koutaro #12 Wing Spiker/Outside Hitter

Miya Atsumu #13 Setter

Sakusa Kiyoomi #15 Wing Spiker/Outside Hitter

Hinata Shoyo #21 Wing Spiker/Opposite Hitter

Schweiden Adlers

Heiwajima Toshiro #1 Libero

Hirugami Fukuro #2 Captain/Middle Blocker

Romero Nicolas #5 Wing Spiker/Outside Hitter

Sokolov Tatsuto #7 Middle Blocker

Ushijima Wakatoshi #11 Wing Spiker/Opposite Hitter

Hoshiumi Korai #16 Wing Spiker/Outside Hitter

Kageyama Tobio #20 Setter

"Who do you think's going to win?" Yamaguchi asked, smiling.

"My choices are either the King, or the Simpleton Idiot," Kei smirked, leaning back against his seat, "I don't know but I hope whoever loses throws a tantrum. It would be hilarious."

At the same time, Mizuki, Mateo, and her brother Jun, who was now a first-year in Karasuno High, arrived at the arena. She inhaled deeply as she tried to calm her nerves. She had heard from Yachi that her, Kei, and Yamaguchi were already inside.

"MIZUKI!" A familiar voice shouted giddily.

It was Rina.

Her best friend sprinted over to her as Mizuki waved elatedly. The two collided and hugged, causing both of them to laugh loudly.

"It's only been a few months since I last saw you! How are you so tan?!" Rina gasped.

"I played a lot of beach volleyball!" She grinned, "So, have you recovered from the devastating loss against my amazing team?"

Rina crossed her arms and huffed, "You only won twice."

"We only had two practice games!" She retorted back.

Mizuki's college team and Rina's professional volleyball team, the Light Pharmaceutical Red Rabbits, were lucky enough to have two practice matches in Brazil. Although it was only for one day, it was one of the most fun they have ever had playing volleyball, second only to their matches when they were third-years in high school.

"Hi Rina-chan!" Mateo greeted ecstatically as he hugged her.

"Oh... Hi, Eiji..." She patted his back awkwardly.