Chapter 26: Selfish

Chapter 26:

A day had passed since her and the boys' team returned from Tokyo. Mizuki and her friends had just finished with their volleyball practice and their new captain (as Michimiya had retired), as well as their new coach (who happened to be Coach Ukai's ex-girlfriend from high school), appointed them as regulars on the team.

Mizuki, Rina, Mina, and Yachi were currently eating at the sushi restaurant where Iwaizumi from Seijoh worked. Yachi instantly became friends with the twins due to their shared love of sweets and music. Although Mizuki wanted to enjoy her time with her friends, she found it difficult to because of what was happening at that very moment.

Kei was spending the whole day with the girl who won him as a prize during the school festival. She was secretly hoping that this day would never come, but here it was, and she didn't like it one bit. She sighed deeply, poking at her untouched salmon sashimi. Her friends stared at her and wondered what was wrong.

"What's with the sigh?" Rina frowned, "Is it the sushi? Because we can sue them if-"

"It's not the sushi," Mina interrupted her sister, "It's because of Tsukishima."

"What about him?" Yachi's eyes widened in curiosity.

Mizuki drank her water slowly, unsure of what to say. She didn't have any place to complain or be jealous because they weren't dating.

"He's with a girl right now." Mina chimed in, looking at Mizuki.

"Oh..." Yachi nodded as she pursed her lips together, "And Toma-san, you don't like that?"

"It's not like that..." Mizuki mumbled, checking her phone to see if he had texted her. Nope.

Rina jumped up as she took one last bite of her sushi. This caused everyone in the restaurant to stare at them, including Iwaizumi who was serving other customers.

"Let's go and find them," Rina smirked deviously, "It would be interesting to see how Tsukishima behaves on a date."

"Like a gentleman," Mizuki whispered softly, "And we can't. That would be stalking."

"Oh please," She scoffed, "Would you call hiring a person to follow someone else stalking?"

"Yes. That's literally the definition of stalking." Mina answered immediately. Rina grabbed her sister's phone and dialed Yamaguchi. Mina rolled her eyes as she sat there, eating her wakame salad.

"Hey, Yama-kun! It's Rina!" She grinned excitedly as Yachi urged for her to sit down, "Do you know where Tsukishima is right now?"

Mizuki watched her friend respond to Yamaguchi before she hung up.

"He's not that far from here," Rina stated triumphantly, "He's at a nearby coffee shop."

"We're not going to stalk-" Mina tried to protest against her sister's wishes but was interrupted by Mizuki.

"I just want to see him for a minute." Mizuki blurted out, her face feeling hot. She didn't know why she was so adamant about seeing him.

"See?" Rina smirked superiorly, "Let's do it!"

"As much as I would love to join you in your ridiculous adventures, I think Yachi-san and I would rather stay here and shop," Mina responded as Yachi eagerly nodded.

As they finished their meals, the group parted ways. Mizuki and Rina began walking outside the shopping mall towards the coffee shop. Mizuki was anxious but she needed to satisfy her gnawing curiosity about Kei and the girl. He didn't even say much to her when they rode the bus back to Miyagi.