Chapter 27- Moments

Comincia dall'inizio

They already had. She had hurt him, more times then she could count. 

Cassian would say he forgave her, but forgivness meant nothing. 

Forgivness was not an erasure of pain. Forgivness does not restore trust. 

Forgivness was a pretty word Nesta knew she didn't deserve to hear. 

She shifted, slowly as to not wake Cassian, and crept off the bed. By the firepalce there was a small desk and on it Nesta found a paper and ink, and wrote a small note for Casssian. 

Blowing on the ink lightly to dry it, Nesta crept back toward the bed and placed the note on the pillow Cassian was still clutching.

Nesta noted how his eye lashes fluttered as he dreamed. She smiled inspite of herself, reaching out and running a few fingers through his hair. He didn't shift, just continued sleeping peacefully as Nesta  walked to the door and slipped out of his room.

__________________________________

The purple of the dawn danced on his cheeks, drawing Cassian from his sleep. He was always a heavy sleeper, barely a nocturnal creature like others in his family. Sometimes he thought he should belong to the day court for how much he liked to sleep. 

He smiled to himself, sqeezinng his arms around Nesta a bit tighter. 

She squished against him like- 

He sat up, lifting the pillow in his arms infront of him. Cassian stared at it, as if it would give him answers.

He leaned the pillow agaisnt his knees, eyebrows creased, and leaned back on his elbows. 

Something scrunched under his elbow, and he lifted it to see a crumped peice of paper. 

Cassian smoothed it out as best he could, and read the sweeping handwriting.

Cassian,  

I'm going to training early with Sera this morning. I'm sorry I didn't tell you last night, but as you know we were a bit preoccupied. 

Cassian chuckled,  his heart jumping remembering the night before. 

Yes, I have eaten. Yes, I'm bringing water. No, I won't be back before my rounds with Jaida. 

Ok, Nesta knew him really well. 

I'll check on Iona after training and I'll send Henery home with the broom. I'll clean up my room this afternoon.

If you're still home when he gets there, please take care of him. I'm sure he hasn't eaten or slept since it all happened. 

Henery. Cassian needed to be home when Henery got home. He ran through his day in his mind. He could stay home until his meeting that afternoon. 

There's tea in the kettle and a fire in the hearth. Thank you for letting me stay in your room. I won't inconvience you by hogging your bed tonight, I promise. 

There seemed to be words scribbled out, Nesta trying to settle on a closing to the note. After a full line of scribbles, Nesta had settled on:

I'll see you this evening. 

Yours, Nes

Cassian set the note down.

Like a lovestruck idiot, he hugged the pillow against his chest. Cassian smiled agianst the silky fabric.