Her hand felt like a feather over my rock hard chest. I had to do something to stop this sexual tension between us.

I had to keep as much physical distance between us that was humanly possible. I pulled her towards me by the back of her head before resting my forehead against hers while breathing heavily.

“Please go outside and sit. I beg you. I can’t handle this anymore. Please?”, I said while closing my eyes and taking deep breaths. When I opened my eyes, she was looking at me and said slowly, merely a whisper, “Then don’t handle it anymore.”

I was trying to understand what she meant by that and was just about to ask her when Kyle entered the kitchen. “Hey guys! Done with dinner preparations?”, he asked us, making me pull away from her.

Amber looked at the ground before making her way out of the kitchen. I rubbed my neck while turning around to look at Kyle.

“Were you’ll doing what I think you’ll were doing”, he said doubtfully while coming towards me. “No, Kyle. Geez. What do you think we were doing? She just burnt her hand and I told her to go outside and sit. That’s it. Stop making a fuss out of absolutely nothing”, I said while sautéing the onion, diced chicken and green chillies in a pan.

He looked at me once before taking a beer from the kitchen and sat on the kitchen counter just next to where I was working. I don’t want to hear any of his rants about the one person that I am so desperately trying to keep my mind off.

Why can’t he just leave me alone? But again, this is Kyle and he won’t leave me alone especially when that’s all I expect out of him.

“Okay. I believe you if you say so. She is a nice girl, isn’t she?”, Kyle said while taking a sip of his beer. “Mmmhmm? I thought you hated her”, I said while washing the black beans under the tap.

“I just like to tease her. She is still like a baby and I like it when she gets irritated”, he said while smirking at me. Does he like her?

She is so different than him, I thought. Even if he someday confesses to her that he has feelings for her, she will just reject him.

Or she won’t! My brain added.

She has a heart made of glass and she just can’t see someone hurt because of her. “Oh just shut up!”, I said loudly which was meant to be something that wasn’t supposed to be said aloud.

“What?”, Kyle asked me. “Nothing. Can you get out please?”, I asked him irritatedly.

He just shrugged at me before stepping down from the counter. Just then Amber entered the kitchen and Kyle stopped her on the way inside and took her hand in his.

“Are you fine now? Want me to take you to the doctor?”, he asked with worry in her eyes. Amber was struck dumb when she saw Kyle being so caring towards her.

She just nodded at him and passed him a small smile. He looked at me with a smile on his face before making his way out of the kitchen.

“You need any help?”, she asked me while opening the candy jar and retrieving a candy out of it. “No. I am almost done with it. You go out and sit with them. I will bring the food out in about five minutes”, I said while pulling the roasted chicken out of the oven.

“It smells so good. Did you put rosemary and lemon halves in the cavity?”, she asked me while peeping towards the other side of the counter where I had kept the chicken. “Oh yes! My mother used to make it this way. It tastes super amazing”, I said while looking at her.

She was tasting the stuffing that I had prepared for the enchilada when I came in front of her and pushed my hand behind her. Her breath hitched as she thought that I was going to touch her.

I took hold of my beer can from behind her and took a sip of it, my eyes still not leaving hers. I called for Kyle when the food was ready and he helped me take the food outside, to the table.

We took our seats on the dining table with Amber sitting at the head of the table. Kyle and I were sitting on either sides of her while Samwell sat next to me.

“Mhmmm! This is so lip-smacking, Ryan. This is even better than what I would have made”, Amber said while taking another bite of her chicken. Samwell patted me on the back and said, “This is actually tasty, Ryan. By the way do you remember that time two years back when you and Khloe had attempted to cook dinner on a Sunday as a challenge of who cooks better and had asked all of us to be the judges? You know Amber, Khloe would have almost burned the entire house then if Ryan would not have accepted that he lost. Khloe is a terrible cook and she just kept giggling after she burned her second chicken for the day. I still thank my gods for helping me survive that day. We then ordered pizza and ate it along with nachos and beer and were awake till 3 at night.”

As soon as Samwell mentioned Khloe’s name, I just sat still. It was like, that reality had slapped me hard.

I had somehow forgotten that I had been miserable since morning because of the fact that I was getting a divorce. Samwell realized this and muttered a sorry to me for destroying my mood.

Amber just sat there smiling at the little story that Samwell had just shared with her but she realized that something was wrong with us when Samwell and I both looked dejected as her smile disappeared a few minutes later. We all ate the food in silence for the next few moments before I heard Kyle saying to Amber, “You have a little sauce on the corner of your mouth.”

She was looking at him while trying to wipe away the sauce with her hand.  I was about to pass her a tissue when I saw Kyle wipe the sauce from the corner of her lips with his thumb and then licking it off.

She just blushed looking at him and I felt as if I was in high school all over again with love struck idiots all around me. I just couldn’t bite the food that was in my mouth anymore.

How gross was that! Why is Kyle being such a flirt with her?

And why the fuck is she blushing when she should have just cringed at this action or better, if she would have slapped him. Samwell noticed how angrily I was staring at Kyle because he squeezed my shoulder and told me to calm down.

Just then Kyle took a bite of chicken from her plate and I had reached my saturation level at this point. I got up from my seat quickly causing the chair to screech loudly.

“I am not hungry anymore”, I said before glaring at Kyle. He passed me an evil smirk before sinking deeper into his seat.

Jerk!

------------------------------------------------------
Hello guys! Welcome back to another amazing update. Can you'll feel the growing sexual tension between these two? I am having too much fine writing these chapters. My next update will be on Saturday. Do not forget to vote for my story and do share it with your friends and family. Byeee❤