11 | apples

12:36 / WEDNESDAY.
────────────────────────

As soon as the bell rang, Youko was the first to run out of the class. She was on a mission to find Kuroo, her ever-so-lovely best friend to finally get some answers about last night. After being left on seen this morning, her thoughts have spiralled even more out of proportion. Her eyes were tired and withdrawn, Youko's hair in a messy bun as she ran throughout the school in her slippers.

"I'm gonna kill him when I see him," she mumbled, stalking down the hallways of the school.

It's been a few minutes already and still no sign of him, it was beyond irritating. All she wanted to do was shake him down for some answers, not kill the guy—yet that is. That will depend on how good his answers are to her questions.

Her staking ceased when she reached the outside of the school, some of her hair sticking to her forehead. Youko shoved her hands into her hoodie's pocket, the weight of her lunch bag weighing her down. It was a nice day today, and now that the warm sun hit her face, she had forgotten how hungry she was.

At last, Youko took advantage of the weather, skipping over to a more secluded part of the courtyard. "Guess I'll eat by myself," she said sadly, not at all bothered by the outcome. Youko finds a small opening beside the school, her eyes scanning over the place briefly before she continued her walk. However, her feet plant themselves firmly in the lush green grass as the smell of flowers and soil waft in the air.

Youko turns back into the secluded opening, finding a boy sitting on a bench, hunched over a PSP.

"Kozume? What are you doing out here?"

Once again, his shoulders tensed up when he heard her voice. Kozume slowly looked up from his blue PSP and straight into her deep blue eyes.

He quickly averts his gaze. "I'm hiding."

A smirk falls on her lips, Youko sitting beside the quiet boy that's been occupying her mind lately. "Why would you be doing that?" she asked him, leaning forward to look past his fallen strands of hair.

Kozume avoids her playful stare. "... Just because... "

"Wow, don't tell me too much at once," Youko snickered, Kozume lifting an eyebrow.

He pauses his game, which was already unusual. "Didn't take you as the sassy type, Kimura."

The slip of the tongue makes her cheeks grow warm. Her conversation with Kuroo was still scratching at her, the anxiety of not knowing still squirming around in the pit of her stomach. She was still worried about the boundaries that hindered them, realizing that maybe teasing the boy wasn't her best plan for them to get along.

"Oh...sorry. I guess I'm still a bit pumped up from earlier," she explained, her voice becoming more strained.

"Why is that?"

Youko tilts her head to the side, analyzing Kozume sitting next to her. Talking to him at lunch wasn't planned, and Youko wasn't even sure if he was just asking because he wanted to know or if he was just being polite since she intruded on his secret hiding place.

"I'm pretty sure you know him—" She tugs at her hair, spiking it at the top of her head— "He's pretty tall and needs a haircut."