02 | found me

17:35 . . . . SUNDAY.
────────────────────────

She laughed at her phone after sending her last message, tucking the device in the pocket of her oversized zip-up sweater. Even if Kuroo wouldn't answer her texts, she was glad to at least have an idea of where he was now.

Looking around the place, Youko was in awe. The last time she was inside this library was when she was just a kid, and since then, the building has gone through a major renovation. Although, coming back to Tokyo in all was a bit confusing, moving away almost three years ago to the countryside.

It was a big change to the city life, but after Youko's dad finally secured a job back in Japan, it was finally time to come back home.

Despite her enthusiasm to return, Youko loved living in Miyagi with her grandmother. She'll miss the tranquil mornings and bike rides to the market, and the few friends she made in her first year in high school. But her family needed to be together, and she knew her mom missed her dad ever since he left overseas.

After roaming around the third floor for a few minutes, Youko finally stumbled across a pair of vending machines.

This is where she started to get a little nervous, freaking out again for the fourth time that day. When she first started talking to Kuroo, she would've never imagined she would be meeting up with him in Tokyo of all places. Yet, after all the facetime, phone calls and sporadic messages sent throughout the day, Youko couldn't imagine her life without him.

Nonetheless, even if she was excited, her nerves always manages to get the best of her.

Tetsurō Kuroo, the boy she's grown quite fond of these past months was undoubtedly one of her best friends. So to mess up this meeting up would break her heart. Especially since she was going to the same high school as him and his entire volleyball team.

When Youko thought about Kuroo's team, her thoughts focused on his best friend. Comparing their friendship, Kuroo and Kenma have been friends since they were kids. Every time he would come up during one of Kuroo's and Youko's calls, Kuroo would always complain. Whether it was about how late he would stay up or how he wouldn't eat, Youko knew how much he cared for him.

Which was why Youko was even more nervous to meet him of all people.

Kuroo was a walk in the park, she knew him and how he thinks. Kenma was a total mystery. She's only ever seen a few snaps of him and pictures from Instagram, but other than his forced hello's during her calls with Kuroo, that's all she really knew about him. When Youko first found out that she was meeting Kenma, Kuroo would tease her endlessly for the number of questions she asked. He would poke fun at her and say "ask him yourself" with his trademark smirk.

"He did say the vending machines...right?" she mumbled, scanning around the area for the familiar red jacket he claimed to wear.

As Youko looked past the bookshelves, she then spotted a lone figure sitting at one of the many tables, his back facing her as he wore a hoodie over his head. Youko was relieved to have finally found him, Nekoma's name slapped across the red fabric.

Youko grinned as she slowly made her way towards him, sneakily maneuvering around the tables and chairs. She always joked about how she'll first meet her internet best friend, joking with Kuroo that it'll be the most memorable moment of his life. So with her hands hovering above his shoulder, a small giggle left her lips as she slapped her palms against him.