Day 1 and 2: grief and anchor

Sokka didn't know what to do, he kept losing people he loved. He stepped outside for some air. He couldn't handle everyone saying 'sorry for your loss'. It was different now. He no longer has parents. Even though he and his sister were adults. The pain of losing both of your parents is great and never goes away.

Sokka couldn't believe Katara was handling it better than him. Well it seems that way. She was always taking care of everyone else, still.

Sokka sat down, watching the turtle ducks swim around in the little pond. As the moon reflected off of it. He heard footsteps coming. He wiped the tears from his eyes, trying to look presentable.

"Oh it's you Toph. What are you doing out here?" He said.

Toph was wearing a dark green dress. She too looked like she was crying.

"Looking for you of course." Toph said, smiling trying to lighten the mood. She sat next to him, she acted like she was looking at the same thing he was.

"The stars are beautiful tonight aren't they." She said, turned her head facing, hoping she was looking at him.

Sokka looked into her eyes. Wondering how she was looking straight into him. "They are, you know your eyes look like them." He said.

"Really how so?" She smiled. "Well, they are the same color and they glisten too, just like the stars." He moved a piece of hair out of her face. She looked down, trying to hide the blush.

He leaned back and closed his eyes. Trying to be still for a moment, within his crazy life.

Toph didn't say anything. But then noticed his breathing changed rhythm. 'What? Did he fall asleep?' She thought to herself. As she thought that. His head landed on her lap.

'Oh that's just great. My crush just fell asleep, and now he doesn't know he is laying on me.' She was about to move, then she realized how stressed and hectic his life has been recently. So she didn't, she just stayed there, anchored.

She began to pet his hair. And just tried to soak up this moment, she had with him.