Chapter 1

Evan

If you know me, then you would know that I am a big fan of sleeping. Also, you would know that I absolutely detest being woken up. So when my annoyingly-perky manager and best friend of 10 years wakes me up by pulling my covers straight off my bed, I am not happy.

Now, you should know that it gets freezing in winter, and in my house it drops to minus zero; especially since I had forgotten to leave the heater on last night.

So, to sum it up, I was pissed.

"What the fuck?!" I glared at my manager, squinting as she flung open my windows.

"Why are you still sleeping? The movie meeting starts in an hour!" She frowns at me, and had the audacity to wrinkle her nose. "And what are you wearing?!"

I glanced down at my checked boxers. As far as I was concerned, there was nothing wrong with them. Shivering, I pulled the covers back over my head. It was too early in the morning for this.

"How is it early?! It's one-freaking-pm in the afternoon!"

Oops, I said that out loud.

Rolling my eyes, I turned to face the wall, blocking Charlie's screeching voice with my hands. Too fucking early for this.

"...et UP!"

I groaned as my covers were ripped off my sheets again and curled into a ball as the frigid morning air hit my body. Tuning out Charlie's rants, I tried to get back to sleep but no avail. Not with a screaming banshee within ten feet from my bed. Giving up, I got out of bed and headed to my wardrobe. May as well get it over with. I was about to head to the bathroom to change when out of nowhere, a handbag shot through the air and crashed into my chest.

Ow. What was in that thing?!

"What the fuck?!" I turned to glare at Charlie, who was currently standing with her hands on her hips, a smug smile on her lips.

"So you finally decided to get up." She glanced at her watch impatiently. "Well? Hurry up and change! We're going to be late at this rate."

"Not as if I wanted this movie deal anyway..." I muttered under my breath. Turning when I heard a soft gasp, I saw Charlie with her jaw dropped open.

"How could you not want to star in John Walker's new movie! This would make your popularity skyrocket!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Well if someone hadn't already accepted the deal for me, then I wouldn't have to be waking up this early in the fucking winter. Besides, girls are so annoying to co-star with." I glanced back at Charlie to catch a secretive grin cross her face before disappearing.

"Who said you were co-starring with a girl?"

This made me look up at her.

"I'm not?" I frowned. Most of the time, co-starring was with someone of the opposite gender because they were the love interest.

So this new John Walker movie isn't a romance... thank fucking god. Girls were annoying to deal with when they actually did fall in love with me.

"What's the movie about?"

Charlie shrugged. "Some murder-mystery I think."

I glanced at her, incredulous. "You don't know?! How are you even my manager?"

Shaking my head, I turned around headed to the bathroom to freshen up.

***

Charlie was excited about something. I knew it couldn't possibly be my movie deal, because a deal with a movie this big was a common occurrence for me. I glanced at her again. She was practically bouncing in her seat if that was possible, and if we didn't get to the Jack-whatever Park soon, I would have been tempted to just jump out of the car.

"What the hell's gotten you so excited?" I asked finally, trying to distract her from her bouncing.

She glanced up at me, and smiled a megawatt smile.

"I get to meet him!!" She exclaimed excitedly, and if it was possible, bounced even higher.

I groaned to myself. This plan backfired on me. Trying unsuccessfully to levitate the damage, I attempted to make small talk.

"Who is this him?" I glanced at her, hiding my slight curiosity. Being best friends for over 10 years made me sure that Charlie would at least mention a crush to me - if not talking my ear off about him. It was strange that she had never mentioned a him before.

"Only the hottest and cutest guy in ever!" I could swear that she was blushing. And Charlie never blushed. Never.

"But you've been friends with that guy for 10 years." I tried to joke, but internally I was already hating that guy. The one who held the hottest-guy title was me.

Charlie glanced at me incredulously. "Not you, silly. Ad-"

She stopped suddenly, causing me to glance at her curiously.

"What?"

She looked away, twisting her ring around her finger.

"N-Nothing..."

I glared at her.

"You're lying."

"I-I'm not..."

"You always twist your ring around your finger when you lie."

"I d-don't!" Charlie responded, twisting her ring harder. "A-Anyway... seems like we're here! Let's go, we're going to be late!"

She darted out of the car and was already walking up the steps by the time I had exited myself.

Frowning in suspicion at her strange behaviour, I shrugged it off.

Oh well. She'll probably tell me sooner or later. Now, I just gotta go meet this co-star of mine...

**A.N**

Yay, first chapter!

Vote, Comment, Follow!

Carmin