Nope that was too much

Everly

Hey, I'm Everly, 21 years old, living in the middle of nowhere.
Three months ago, my life was basically just a huge piece of shit. I was pretty much just living to not die. Then they came into my life and brought total chaos with them.
This is the story of how I died. Not really tho.
You'll see.

I squinted my eyes, trying to focus on the picture on the wall behind my bosses desk instead of him. It was a really ugly piece of art, if you could even call it that. It looked like some 3 year old had drawn it.
He had been shouting at me for the past 10 minutes. He didn't once check if I was even paying attention. What a jerk.
I currently worked at a small, dirty restaurant at the edge of the small town I lived in. The food wasn't good and people came here to get a drink rather than to eat, so it was more of a bar than a restaurant.
The very first lesson I learned here at this job: get the boss angry, and you'll regret it. I learned it the hard way. Five minutes into my first working shift. By breaking a plate. But whatever.
One of the biggest disadvantages of working here was the incredibly low payment. Well, at least compared to my colleagues, who were all male of course...
Also, I was basically treated like shit by both my colleagues and my boss.
Why I didn't just quit and looked for another job? You see, the problem was, it didn't matter where I went or which job I tried, if you're a woman you just don't get treated right around here. So it didn't really matter if I worked at a café, a bar or a restaurant. Trust me, I've tried.

I abruptly got pulled back to reality by my boss sighing deeply, as if suddenly tired of scolding me.
"Now get outta my office and take out the trash or whatever, go make yourself useful."
Partly relieved to finally get out of here, partly anxious about going back into the restaurant, I walked out of the small room.

~

"He shouted at you again, didn't he?"
One of my coworkers blocked my way.
"That's none of your fucking business, Eric" I grumbled. He looked at me with his arms crossed.
"Is that so."
It sounded more like a statement than a question.
"You know, when you get him angry, he's usually in a bad mood for the whole day, and the rest of us get to feel that too, so I'd say it is my business, actually."
"Just shut up and leave me the fuck alone, alright" I hissed angrily.
I tried to make my way past him, but instead of letting me through he blocked the doorframe with his arm, now smirking.
"Heyy, come on Everly, don't be offended."
I just glared at him with a grim expression, arms crossed.
After a few seconds he realised I wasn't gonna say anything, so he continued.
"You know, I thought maybe later tonight we could go out and grab a drink or watch a movie or something."
I sighed. I knew what he wanted, and I certainly would not give it to him. They all always had only the one thing in mind, and frankly I wasn't very keen on letting him fuck me.
"I told you Eric, I'm not interested. Just take the hint and leave me alone already, and get the fuck out of my way"
And with that I pushed his arm aside and walked towards the kitchen.

~

For the rest of my shift I ignored his and my other coworkers' stupid comments and tried to focus on my work. I didn't want to lose this job too, really. I had been working here for almost a month now, and had done okay so far. Before that, I had worked at a café, two bars, another café, and three restaurants. I got fired from each and every one of them because, well, someone had always crossed the line, and that always lead to me loosing control. They just never get it.
But slowly, I was running out of options, and I really needed money.

~

"Hey, so I heard you dumped Eric for good. Sooo do you maybe wanna go out with me instead? Promise, I'm waaaay better than this idiot."
Annoyed, I rolled my eyes and briefly turned around to find Michael standing in the doorway, smirking.
He was tall and blond, and had been trying to flirt with me and get me to go out with him ever since I started to work here. He was the stupidest of them all. A tired sigh escaped my chest and I focused on my work again.
"I didn't dump him, you know, we weren't even -"
My pulse shot up.
He stood directly behind me, pressed onto my back, his arms on my waist.
I stood completely still, frozen, unable to move.
My whole body screamed in panic.
It was all too much.
He had to go away.

And then I lost it.

Notes:

Hello there!
I hope you're doing good
I also hope you've enjoyed reading this so far :)
This story will probably have about 30 chapters or so (no promises tho), but I haven't written all of them yet, so please be patient with me, okay?

If you have any thoughts, like or dislike something, or spot a grammar/ spelling mistake, I'd be very happy if you would leave a comment or contact me here or on my instagram account, which has the same name as here
I'd really appreciate it

Thanks :)