Chapter 15: Finally that day

Haruka's POV
It is finally the day. The day in which we are going to capture the female titan aka Annie Leonhart. To be honest, it feels like I have been staying at Scout's HQ for all my life. It is only been 2 fucking days. And guess what, only 2 days and I am already in love. WOW!?!

Right now, I am waiting for the carriage with Commander Erwin and captain short-tempered-shorty. The carriage is supposed to take us to the court, I guess. I really didn't care where we were 'supposed' to go. No words left any of the scout's mouth, at least the one who was coming.

"You should at least go and wish Eren 'good luck.'" Yes, this is Hange, teasing me. She wasn't deemed to know anything about me and Eren but someone lost his temper and blew it out. Short-tempered-shorty.
I tried not to lose control and kill Hange but she was seriously getting on my nerves. I have already apologized to Erwin if any murder happens in the HQ and he was actually fine with it!

Sitting in the carriage with Erwin and shorty, tensed and awkward, was seriously no one will want. I sighed and took deep breaths, I seriously should get out of here.
"What am I doing here?" They both jumped at the sudden, unexpected voice. "I should be out there with Eren or Hange."
"Is Haru already starting to miss her dear Eren?" Erwin teased. I flushed a deep red while he chuckled and Levi smirked.
"It's not like that... I just can't shake the feeling that something's wrong."

Something was wrong, terribly wrong. I felt like someone was watching. I just couldn't say it out loud. If only I said this that time then maybe we would have found out some truth sooner then this.

Nile Dok, The commander of the Military Police, as bad looking he is his personality is worse. That is what Eren explained him as. I giggled at that time because I couldn't believe that the man that I grew up with will become this but now I can see it is true. I wrinkled my nose in disgust but it only lasted for a second. Erwin and Nile were going back and forth on how Erwin was a traitor and Erwin telling that it was for humanity.

I leaned back in the seat. Yes, I was still seated inside the carriage as I was too lazy to come outside. Actually, my laziness has nothing to do with it, I was FORCED to sit in the carriage by Shorty.

"We don't want your mouth to start spilling shitty nonsense, now do we."

I huffed and leaned into the seat more. I noticed a guy staring right into the carriage, narrowing his eyes like he was suspecting something... or someone. Then his eyes widened as he figured that there is someone else sitting inside. His hand immediately shot up and he shouted, "SIR!"
Nile being Nile got irritated and shouted angrily, "WHAT?" The cadet flinched and pointed his shaky finger at the carriage.
"There... i-is someone else inside the carriage."

Oh shit! Well, who cares.

A gun was pointed at me while I just yawned loudly and rolled my eyes, the mp was frowning and growling at my lack of respect. I peeked out a little seeing that Erwin's face remained emotionless but his eyes held worry, Levi looked like he could be in better places than this. Nile..., he was tapping his foot on the ground, frustrated.

I covered myself with the hood, Mikasa bought me as a gift even though I told her not to. Stubborn brat...

My long blond-golden hair sticks out of the hoodie a little. My eyes holding bloodlust that I didn't know I had. I was not wearing my scout uniform but something more comfortable on. I stepped out of the carriage, feeling everyone's eyes on me, I smirked.

This is going to be fun.

"Who is she?" Nile roared as guns were pointed at me. My face darkened, I remember after my family's mysterious death, he took me in. He looks so different, he has bags under his dull eyes, his lips are chapped and his face looks like he hasn't washed his face in years. I remember, he had the brightest smile and eyes in the whole village. I missed him.

Does he still see the same as me? Does he still feel the same about me?

Erwin was about to introduce me or say something but I signed him to stop. I stepped closer to the commander of the Military Police. He didn't step back, his pride won't let him.

"Yo, Nile, it's been a long time, hasn't it?" I stated as I removed my hood. His eyes almost popped out, tears streamed down his face as he fell to his knees.
"No. No..." He shook his head in denial, "you died that day... you died five years ago. My carelessness killed you." I slightly smiled.
"No, it didn't. I didn't die." I pulled him into a hug even though it was awkward doing it in front of so many open-mouthed soldiers. "I promise, I am not going anywhere. I'm back, I am home." I muttered.
H hugged me back and said, "Welcome back, Haruka Trancy."