Malcolm X Reader

General p.o.v

"Y/n! Get in here!" Dewey whisper yelled, his head darted out of the bathroom door and into the hallway.

"What's wrong?" Y/n whispered, entering the room, closing the door quietly behind herself.

(Y/n) had been neighbours with the Wilkerson family for around a decade, her being only sixteen, moved in when she was six years old. Her parents didn't care much for her, so she spent most of her free time over at the Wilkerson house. Dewey was like a little brother to her, she was by far the closest to him than Malcolm, Reese, Francis or even Jamie.

(Y/n) looked over at Jamie who was sat on the floor, playing with a pearl necklace.

(Y/n) had grown up with these boys, so she knew exactly what "the Stash" was, not to mention the "cancer scare" stunt they played on Lois. Francis had hidden Lois' jewellery, and we'd all taken a vow that if any of us eventually found it, we'd split the money between us.

Dewey's p.o.v

"Damn, damn, damn!" (Y/n) whisper shouted while eyeing my younger brother. He was still fiddling with that pearl necklace, "Malcolm and Reese cannot know about this,"

"What are we going to do?" I questioned her, looking up at her.

She knelt down beside Jamie and I, "We? I didn't catch him with the Stash!" She whisper yelled.

"Shhh!"

(Y/n)'s p.o.v

"Stash? Who said Stash?" Both Malcolm and Reese came flying through the bathroom door, shutting it behind them.

I gulped when I noticed what they were holding, hockey sticks...

I stood up, allowing Dewey to scoot over to Jamie, hiding the pearl necklace down the back of his dungarees.

The two boys eyed me, hockey sticks in hand.

"What?" I squinted at the pair of them, Dewey peering up at me, "I don't know what you're talking about,"

Unfortunately, they didn't buy my lie. I was a terrible liar, and they saw right through me, always.

Malcolm approached me suddenly, causing me to jerk backwards, my back making contact with the wall behind me.

He held up his hockey stick so it was touching my neck, "Tell me," I gulped as he closed the remaining gap between us, his warm breath meeting my face, "Did you find it? Any of you?"

Malcolm glanced around, the hockey stick still pushing on my neck and my hands planted firmly by my sides on the wall.

I heard Dewey whine as Reese picked Jamie up and placed him outside into the hall. My eyes widened as Reese proceeded to pin Dewey to the bathroom floor.

"Reese! Stop," I raised my voice at the seventeen year old boy, attempting to push Malcolm away. Even though Malcolm was small and scrawny for his age, he's definitely strong.

"You're not going anywhere," Malcolm told me, pushing down on the hockey stick. I felt myself beginning to get angry at the boys.

(Y/n) wasn't as close to Malcolm or Reese as she was Dewey, but still shared a few interests with them. She was a Krelboyne alongside Malcolm, who had gotten very close to her during those years. (Y/n) was great at basketball, joining the boys in beating Hal that one time.

I scowled heavily at the boy before me, not wanting to piss him off further though.

"Fine, just leave Dewey out of this," I attempted to negotiate with the boys. Malcolm laughed in response.

"Really? Why are you attempting to defend the little doorknob?" Malcolm said, his eyebrows furrowing.

I cleared my throat, "Because, Malcolm, he has nothing to do with this,"

"Yeah, but if torturing him gets you to talk," Reese cut in, still continuing to pin Dewey to the floor, "Then so be it,"

"Ow!" Dewey squaked from beneath his brother, "I didn't find anything, I swear,"

I waved my arm up towards Dewey, "See, told you,"

Malcolm was still holding up the hockey stick, eyeing me, "You found it, didn't you?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

I placed my hand on the hockey stick, pushing it down away from my neck.

"Yes, yes I did,"

Reese immediately stood up, shooting over to me. He stood beside his brother, both around an inch away from me.

I nodded towards Dewey, signalling for him to leave while he could.

"Okay," Reese began as he placed his hand on the wall beside my head, "You're going to tell us where it is, or-"

I cut him off, "Or what? You going to blackmail me?"

Malcolm and Reese shared an expression only I knew, I don't think there is a word for it, it's more of a mischievous look...

I gulped, looking between them.

"Malcolm, would you do the honours?" Reese smirked, placing a hand on his brothers shoulder.

"Sure," Malcolm laughed as he pounced on me, his hands shoving me against the wall and mouth colliding with my neck.

My eyes widened as I realised what their plan was, "Malcolm! Get the hell off of me!" I tried to shove him away but to no avail.

Reese just stood, holding a heavy smirk in my direction while Malcolm continued to suck at my neck.

I made a frustrated noise, "Arh, you both are such asswipes!"

Malcolm pulled away and admired his work as I pulled my fist up, punching his chest as hard as I could.

"Ah, ow," He muttered, holding the area in pain.

I ran over to the mirror, Reese and Malcolm staring at me from behind me.

"Oh, fuck," I blurted out.

About halfway down my neck lay a small hickey. A small, purple and green mark. It could pass as a bruise, but they knew my parents, I knew my parents... They would know right away and I'd be grounded for life if they saw this, Malcolm and Reese knew that.

I glared at them through the mirror, "You're both dead to me," Reese laughed in response but Malcolm did not.

I spun around, meeting the gaze of the blue eyed boy, "I don't have the stash, I told you,"

I stomped over to the hallway door, swinging it open as the boys eyed me, "I wouldn't expect to see me ever again," I mumbled before walking out and making my way through the kitchen.

Before I was able to make it to the front door, I felt a tug on my right hand.

"(Y/n), wait!" Malcolm yelled, "I-I'm sorry, Reese just got in my head,"

I laughed lightly at his failed excuse, "Oh, grow up Malcolm, thanks to you I probably won't be seeing daylight for a long time,"

"It's only a hickey, stop overreacting" Reese mumbled as he strode over to the fridge.

I spun around to face him, "Try telling them that, I dare you,"

"Jamie, no!" Dewey shouted from Lois and Hal's bedroom.

Malcolm, Reese and I watched in aw as the youngest brother ran away from Dewey, carrying the pearl necklace.

I went to dive onto him, but Malcolm grabbed me, "Nice try," He muttered in my ear as Reese shoved Dewey out of the way, kneeling down to Jamie.

"Jamie, give it," He held out his hand to Jamie. The three year old looked between Malcolm and I, Reese and Dewey before throwing the necklace towards the front door.

As he did so, our eyes followed the thing as it slid towards the front door, making contact with it as it opened.

"Oh shit," I muttered as Malcolm's grip loosened on my arms.

We all made immediate eye contact with, Lois...