Chapter 17 - Fire 🔥

" Soo what do we do now ?" , Kai asked.

" You guys rest up I'll go get food". I said walking out of the arena.

I sigh at the memory , of has been two years since we got here. Unfortunately the time here is different for all we know it could only be a month or maybe a week. We've spent our time training, hunting and finding a way to get back.

Kai's powers are still on the fritz. The last time he opened a portal we ended up at a deserted island. Sometimes I dream of Ryker and the moments we shared before I ran.

Kai and I had gotten our weapons a few months ago after we secured a peace treaty between the dragons and sprites. Turns out the dragons were just misunderstood creatures.

They even offered us food and shelter when the weather gets rough. I've been wearing the clothes the sprites made for me, a black leather jumpsuit. Which was surprisingly comfortable.

( A\N weapon at the beginning of the chapter)

A gust of wind and the flapping of wings broke me out of my thoughts. I spotted a familiar black dragon flying overhead. He was truly a beauty . A miracle of nature with symbols on his wings. A close inspection and you could see the faint red in between the scales. When your the fire mage, everything has to do with fire or its colour. Sometimes it gets annoyingly sick.

I also built him a new jaw and some comfortable armore. after I found him wounded. It gives him a scary vibe.

" Hey there boy", I said petting my dragons head causing him to let out a rumble out of his chest

" Wanna go for a mid day flight ". All I got was a big slobbery lick of approval . I let out a giggle as I climbed on as we headed to the arena.

" Thanks boy, do you wanna stick around. We should have a little fish you could eat". I said as we landed at our destination.

" Here", I said throwing him some fish. The fish hear was huge practically the size of a great white. You could probably solve world hunger with these.

" Mel, I finally got it ", Kai said as he came up to me.
" Shoot".

" Well what if. We combine strength to open a portal. I'm sick and tired of this place, no offence Dynamï " , he added trying not to offend the growling beast behind me.

" I guess we could try it", I shrugged. But deep down I knew that I'll miss this place especially my boy. As if sensing my distress Dynamï let out a whine , he may look tough but he was a big softie besides I raised him since he was a hatchling. He always wanted my attention, the same way a pup would want a mother's attention.

" Come on let's start".

.•°•.*.•°•.

" This isn't working" , Kai yelled . We had been trying for hours to get the stupid portal open .