"I'm fine dad, great actually. How've you been?"

"Just dandy thank you!"

"Good, good, uhh dad what are you wearing?" Beck's dad looked down and noticed his 'Kiss the Alpha" apron around his waist.

"What? I'm cooking!" he said, confused.

"Nothing dad, you look great," Beck replied chuckling, his dad just shrugged and threw up his hands.

"And who might this pretty young lady be?" Beck's father said turning his attention to me. I blushed and looked down at my feet.

"This," Beck said, proudly, wrapping an arm around my waist, "Is my mate Alexia Brewer." I looked up and met the Alpha's gaze.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Alpha stone," I murmured holding out my hand.

"Please call me, Ivan, and the pleasure is mine." He said, neglecting my outstretched hand and opting for a hug. "You're family now Alexia, no need for formalities." He said giving me a warm smile, which I gladly returned.

"What's for lunch dad?"

"A roasted lemon zest chicken, with roasted green beans, dipped in a lemon ranch sauce." He replied smugly, clearly proud he could pull such a feast together.

"Sounds delicious," I murmured.

"Here, here try a piece," he said putting a bite of chicken on a fork for me. I took it and tasted the piece, which melted in my mouth. I closed my eyes and sighed. It tasted better than it sounded.

"That is phenomenal," I breathed.

"Why thank you," he said turning back to the stove. "Why don't you two go sit in the living room? Your mother will be down in a minute or two." Beck led me through the kitchen, to a huge living room. Taking the few steps down he led me over to a cream couch and sat me down in his lap. The dark brown walls were comforting and felt safe. I looked around the room and saw the ceilings here were high, if not higher than the ones in the foyer, and was made entirely out of glass panes. On one wall was a huge stone fireplace, with portraits hung on the wall above it, and some more pictures on the mantle.

Looking at the portraits, the largest and one in the center was of Ivan and Beck's mother smiling at each other happily. Portraits of the children surrounded theirs, Beck above theirs, Carter to the right and Hunter to the left. Hunter and Emma had not only a lone portrait of themselves but one with their mates as well. At the bottom was a family portrait of all of them together. But to the right of that was Emma, and to the left was a small girl, I didn't recognize.

"Beck?" I turned to see him typing away at his phone.

"Mhm?" he said still looking at his phone.

"Who's that?" I said pointing to the little girl. He didn't respond for a minute, but then finally locked his phone and returned it to his pocket.

"Who baby?" he said looking at me.

"Her." I said pointing again. He followed my gaze and he froze. He took a shaky breath and ran a hand through his hair. He looked away and thought for a minute.

"Lexi, that's Annabella." He whispered, looking down.

"Who's Annabella?" I asked softly.

"She was my little sister. My littlest sister," he sighed.

"What happened to her?" I murmured, laying my hand on his cheek. He looked away and I felt his jaw clench under my hand. "Beck, tell me." He sighed and looked down.

"She- She was killed by rogues when she was two." I gasped and stared at him in shock. "She wandered into the woods by herself, we didn't realize how far she had gotten." He paused for a moment, and I felt a single, hot tear slide down his cheek onto my palm. "It was my fault. I didn't get there in time." He whispered. My heart broke.