1

If you've ever wished you could go back to the moment you decided to become a Wattpad writer, it's to do either one of the two:

1. Either to pat yourself on the back for putting yourself out there because your story took off with the wind....

OR

2. To hit yourself over the head with a frying pan because well...you don't know why the fuck you did that to yourself. In addition to coping with the usual stuff like writer's block and the like, you also have to deal with the fuckery of gaining reads as quickly as Jupiter goes round the fucking sun.

Well have no fear...

Wait, did you think I was going to bippity boppity boo you into blowing up?

Ha, don't we all wish.

Just my two cents on what it feels like being a new/struggling writer on Wattpad...and a little advice here and there.

We can't all be overnight successes...BUT...

...well, read and find out.

~*~

When I say brought to you by an actual struggling writer, I mean brought to you by an actual struggling writer. I may look like I have a decent amount of reads, I did not start out that way.

Believe me I fucking wish I did.

Did I warn y'all that I talk like a sailor sometimes? Yeah well I foresee myself swearing a lot so oops.

Anyway, Tutoring Mr. Bad Boy, my most popular book, was completed almost four years ago. I had a little over 6000 reads when I did. Fast forward to four years later and bada bing bada boom a milli.

But that's not the point.

Point is I remember every single milestone. 50, 100, my first 1000. I remember barely getting any reads at a time, or votes or comments. I mean it's not like I'm some hotshot now either...but you get the point.

Look folks, I'm just saying I understand the frustration. I understand what it feels like wanting to quit.

Bitch pick up your fucking phone or laptop and keep going. The fuck you have to lose anyway?

I mean really, think about it. You post, and the worst that could happen is you don't gain reads quickly.

Bro, is you dead?!

No. So put your ideas out there. It'll happen eventually.

A lot of people write stories on here. Some gain 25,000 reads a day, some don't. That's how the algorithm works I guess. We'll talk more about the algorithm later. Read the title guys.

That's what a lot of us on here don't get man. It'll happen people. Might take some time but it'll happen.

So don't be discouraged friends. Post, and then pour yourself a glass of wine and kick your feet up while you patiently wait for your time in the spotlight.

Or just pour yourself a glass of wine really. Wine has no need for occasion.

Don't do it if you're underage!

There, I sound more responsible.

Well folks, short, but this is what I have to begin with. You'll be hearing from me soon with more insight into the Wattpad world.

Ah yes, don't we all love unsolicited advice that no one gives a shit about?

Well, that's what I'm here for. And you're here too, so you must give some percentage of a shit I'm guessing. 

Stay tuned for more then!

Oh, and vote. 

;)