1

Before the story starts I want to ask you all to refrain from spoiling. Thank you :)

Edit: Hey guys! I'm editing this after I've released the full story. Due to some comments I've been getting I thinks it's necessary for me to put this here. I do not support Ereri please do not associate that ship with my book. It makes me and others very uncomfortable.

Armin let out a tired sigh and stretched out his feet. He titled his head back and let the cool breeze rush over his face and through his hair. The tide came in and out, soaking Armin where he sat. He didn't care though in fact he relished it. He looked out at the endless body of water. The sea. He knew that beyond the sea would be enemies and inevitable bloodshed but all Armin could think when he looked at it was 'beautiful.'

"You'll catch a cold if you keep sitting there."

Armin tore his eyes away from the sea. He looked up and saw Jean hovering over him.

"Mhm" Armin looked away from him "it'd be worth it."

Armin heard the rustle of clothing and the quiet grunt. Jean had moved to sit next to him. From the corner of his eye he saw Jean squirm and shiver when the water rush over his legs.

He smiled "It looks like you'll be catching a cold before me."

Jean glared at him and Armin could only chuckle.

"I'm not used to it" Jean defended "You've been glued to this spot since we got here. You really should get some sleep."

"Can't" Armin said "I've waited my entire life to be here, studied over books about it. I can't walk away. It's like I'm stuck in this spot."

Armin could feel Jean's eyes on him "Is it everything like they said?."

"Mhm?" Armin questioned.

"The books. Is it everything like the books said?"

Armin turned to him and gave him a warm smile "It's better."

Jean's expression was unreadable. The pale moonlight shining on his face acting as the only light source. Armin realised he was still smiling and immediately let his face fall.

"It's beautiful" Jean said.

"Breathtaking" Armin agreed although he noticed Jean wasn't looking at the sea.

"Hurts like a bitch if it gets into your eyes though" Jean said, breaking the moment.

Armin laughed "Oh really?"

"Yea-" Before Jean could finish Armin had splashed water at him.

"You little-" Jean retaliated by splashing even more water at Armin.

Armin squeaked and scrambled to his feet. Jean was quick to jump up and chase him. They ran deeper into the sea and thew water on one another. They laughed while simultaneously shushing each other in effort not to wake the others. On a particular splash Jean managed to get some of the water in Armin's eyes. Armim hissed in pain as he lunged forward. Jean was put off balance by him, he lost his footing and fell backwards, dragging Armin with him. They fell into the sea with a splash. Armin gripped onto Jean tightly as they were submerged under water. Jean quickly got planted his feet on the ground and pulled them back up. They didn't let go. They stared at each other in silence before Jean snorted.

"Oh my god" he laughed "Your hair."

Armin flushed. His hair was now drenched and sticking out "You're one to talk. Your eyes are all red."

"There's salt in the water!" Jean exclaimed "What do you expect?"

Armin laughed, hard and Jean joined him. There was something about this moment that was giving Armin a sense of pure bliss. Maybe it was the stars dancing in the sky or the fact he was finally at the sea... or maybe it was the thought that couldn't leave his mind, Jean hadn't let go.

"Go to sleep lovebirds!"

The bliss was interrupted by Levi who was calling from the beach. He looked tired and annoyed. Fear surged through Armin and Jean at the sight of their angry captain. Armin pushed himself away from Jean and Jean let his grip go loose.

"Sorry Captain!" Armin called as he started to make his way back to land.

They made their way back and Levi smacked the back of their heads. The pain made Armin wince and his clothes were sticking to him uncomfortably but when he looked over at Jean who seemed to be trying to hold back laughter he suddenly didn't mind.

__________________________

The lack of Jearmin on this app is unacceptable and I've come to fix it. Hope you enjoy the story :)