『7』칠

POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING

"Do I know you?"

Keeping an eyebrow arched, (Y/n) narrowed her eyes at the red head, not intense enough to show menace but enough to show wariness. There was this feeling she got from the smirking girl that didn't sit well with her; something was off about her but she couldn't put a finger on it.

It was eerie.

She was eerie.

"You don't. I'm Hwaryun and I'll be your Guide."

Shifting her weight onto one foot, (Y/n) interlocked her arms with a skewed frown, confused by what the other girl said. Hwaryun watched, taking note of the girl's guarded body language and the tension she emanated.

She's uptight.

"My Guide?"

"I can lead you to your destiny; that is, if you're capable of walking it."

Unsure of what Hwaryun meant by that cryptic message, the confusion on (Y/n)'s face deepened as she searched her mind for an inkling of what Guides were and what they did because so far she felt creeped out.

"I'm sorry but I don't think I understand you."

"Would you invite me in? I'll explain further."

(Y/n) hesitated for a bit; she didn't feel inclined to welcome a stranger into her private quarters but if it was part of the job, she'll just have to bear it. Unfolding her arms, she turned the knob open and stood to the side to allow Hwaryun to enter first. Luckily, (Y/n) wouldn't have to suffer any embarrassment as she tidied her room earlier. Usually, it wasn't messy since she was never in a rush to do anything but her room wasn't ever in peak cleanliness. Motioning for Hwaryun to sit on the bed as she closed the door behind her, (Y/n) reiterated her words.

"You'll be my Guide?"

"Yes, since you're Viole's partner, I'll be in charge of leading you down your path as well."

Walking over to her, (Y/n) created some distance between her and Hwaryun as she sat on the bed, sinking a bit into the mattress as she tried to make herself comfortable. Everything Hwaryun said bogged in (Y/n)'s mind and she was partially concerned if her intelligence was lacking at the moment.

"Forgive me for asking so many questions, but what do you mean by a path?"

"Don't you have any goals? Aspirations?", Hwaryun replied.

The (h/c)-haired girl didn't say anything and so Hwaryun continued. "Simply, I'll help you fulfill your ambitions.

"Why?" (Y/n) wanted to know what the red-head would gain from helping her. She had nothing to offer and wasn't keen on being in debt to someone she had just met.

"The God of the New Age is right before us and you're an essential key so don't think I'm doing this for free. We all want something, don't we? You'll find her, that girl and your innermost desires as well."

"But I don't want anythi---"

"Yes, yes you do. We all want something, (Y/n)."

Only catching onto what Hwaryun said before, (Y/n) spoke, "W-wait, you know her?"

Standing up, Hwaryun pushed back her hair with a hand before walking to the exit, only turning around to direct her words at (Y/n).

"No, but I know you."

Opening the door, the red head left with a mischievous chuckle while the (h/c)-nette grew pensive, feeling pinpricks of goosebumps rise from her skin from the words the red-head uttered. Sitting cross-legged, (Y/n) watched the door close before flopping back on the bed, folding her arms behind her head as only one thought ran through her mind.