『0』프롤로그

Thousands of lukewarm droplets drummed against her scale-patched skin, mingling with her tears as they trickled down in steady rivulets.

Soft sobs escaped her pouting lips but were drowned out by the sound of the downpour from the shower head. Many thoughts clouded her mind as moments from their time together flickered and replayed from her memory.

●○●
"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Hurry up, you're so slow!" shouted the small child, kelly-colored orbs trained on the (h/c)-haired girl approaching her as she waved her short arms around in the air.

Once (Y/n) was close enough, the little girl ran and jumped into her embrace, wrapping her arms around the young lady's waist. "I missed you! What took you so long?"
●○●

You're gone.

●○●
"You promise I'll see you again?", asked the child with pleading eyes as she held out a pinky.

"Always." answered (Y/n), wrapping her pinky tightly around the little one's.
●○●

Without warning, you became hostage to one of my fears.

●○●
"We're sisters now, okay?!", affirmed the girl loudly, pinching the young lady's (s/c) cheeks tightly. (Y/n) nodded, lamenting silently from the pain. The little child let go and wrapped her arms around (Y/n)'s neck.

"You're the only person who cares about me. You're worth more than a thousand friends.", spoke the girl softly as a sweet smile danced upon her lips, dimples presenting themselves on her cheeks.
●○●

The more I think about it, the more I feel like I wasn't as careful as I should've been.

I tried my best yet it wasn't enough to keep you here with me.

●○●
"(Y/n)! Don't go! Please don't leave me...", choked the small girl through her sobs as she clutched onto (Y/n)'s garments.

"I'll be back tomorrow, okay? We'll go home together.", spoke (Y/n) as she gently removed the little one's fingers from her clothes, her eyes focused on the girl's sparkling green eyes. With one hand, she carefully wiped away the child's tears and with the other, smoothed her long dark-brown locks. Removing her hands, she placed them on the little girl's cheeks and bent down, planting a light kiss on her forehead.

"Wait for me."
●○●

The water transitioned from lukewarm to ice cold, the piercing droplets fading into the nothingness as her senses were numbed. The world around her became a blur of color that melted into hues of gray.

Just wait for me. I'll find you.