Chapter 2: Not so happy campers part 2

Start from the beginning

Ha! Thanks! She deserved that."

A few more people jump-off, but me and Heather stay on the cliff. I see that Heather is scared out of her mind about jumping.

"You know, you can just wear this!" Chris takes out a chicken hat.

I look at Heather and offer to hold her hand. "We can jump together. I'm not scared so if it helps you can just hold onto me."

Heather blushes at me with a worried look. "Okay... I guess I trust you."

She takes my hand and we both jump off the cliff together. As Heather screams she let's go of my hand and holds me tightly. I decided to hold her in my arms reducing her screams.

We both finally land in the water and see that we're in the safe zone. The whole team cheers for us as a boat driven by Chef picks us up and brings us to shore. Heather immediately let's go, still blushing.

She starts to walk off and soon turns around to meet my gaze. "Thanks... I really needed that."

I smile at her. "No problem a true gentleman doesn't abandon a pretty female. When she sacred by the way you have a strong grip." I said making her blush even more.

Beth was too scared to jump so she ended up getting a chicken hat. Trent managed to land in the safe zone. The last jumper was Owen.

"Okay camper, there only one person left you guys need to jump this jump is for the win. No pressure dude. Okay, there's pressure." Chris said through his megaphone.

We all started encouraging Owen to jump.

/Gwen: "I actually thought if he jumps this. He's gonna die."\

\Kevin: " I was worried that this guy wasn't going to make it... I really hope he does though."\

Own gather up the courage to run forward and jump into the lake. He causes a huge wave to splash and push us back.

**

We all got changed into our regular clothing and used the pull carts to carry the boxes. While singing 100 bottles of pop on the wall.

Pretty soon we all make it back to the cabins. Curtis tells us that we can only open them with our teeth. Izzy soon gets her box open, but get a rope burn on her tongue in the process.

Later...

We finally get the crates open and see what supplies we have. Owen has wood and Trent has some tools and a pool liner. Meanwhile I and Heather walked over to Leshawna who opening her crate and seeing what's in it.

Heather tells Leshawna that she's sorry for being mean and compliments Leshawna earrings, which confuses me. Leshawna apologizes for attempting to throwing Heather off the cliff and they share a fist bump.

As they part ways I ask Heather if she really meant what she said. "Pfft! No!" Heather said. "She's going down! And P.S, those are the ugliest earrings I've seen in my life!"

"I see keep your friends close but your enemies closer. I don't like those earrings either. My locket way cuter than that, " I said looking at my locket around my neck. I noticed her looking at it with a raised eyebrow probably confused about why I didn't have it on earlier.

\Heather: "Kevin seems like a ruthless guy. The way he just knocked Leshawna just to keep her from throwing me in. At least one of my teammates is not a loser but where did that locket come from. He wasn't wearing it before probably didn't want to risk losing it in the water."\

After all, coming together, we managed to neatly put the tub together. After completing everything Chris came to judge our tubs.

He started off examining our tub.

"This is an awesome hot tub, " Chris commented.

We all cheered. Chris went to examine the other team. He tapped it once and it sprayed his eye and then fell apart.

"Well. I think we have a winner here. The screaming Gopher!" Chris said.

We all started cheering at our victory.

"Gophers. You're safe from elimination and you get to rock this awesome hot tub for the rest of the summer. Bonus."

After dinner and a few hours of chilling in the hot tub. We all headed to our cabins. I was laying in bed wondering what the future holds for me.

'I came here hoping to win money go help improve the orphanage so we could afford more food and rooms so it not so coward, but also to get my own place since eventually, I will be too old to stay in the orphanage. What I wasn't expecting was to find one of the contestants to be so beautiful. Heather not really nice but I love girls with an aggressive side it so hot. I doubt she would date an orphan like me though. She probably into rich guys.' I thought before falling asleep still wondering if a certain beautiful black hair girl would date me.

🏆🏆🏆

Hey lovely readers

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Also, don't forget to comment, and vote.

Q: What was your favorite part of the chapter?

Q: When do you hope to see Kevin and Heather to get together?

Q: What do you think of the book cover?

Thank you for reading 💜💜💜